•  

Completing the pump track.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 15, 2012, 03:02 PM

Hi,

I fixed the north side drainage problem today and had help moving several yards of dirt in rough placement.

I will not be back to measure, flag and supervise until Tuesday. No design or finishing work until then.

All of our work needs to be within the framework handed out earlier and repeated here. The framework we follow comes from from professional sources, on the city's dime, and they're the rules.

Build in this order:

1. Grading & take care of drainage (2%, and move water to the existing drainage spots)
    2. Outside berms
    3. Outside straights, including rollers and interchanges
    4. Inside berms
    5. Inside straights, rollers and interchanges

Grade reversal above French drain.

Rough placement of new dirt.

XXX

June 15, 2012, 05:24 PM

I'll try and remember to grab a couple of large tampers from work on Tuesday to help pound that all into a nice shape.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

June 19, 2012, 08:57 AM

I'll try and remember to grab a couple of large tampers from work on Tuesday to help pound that all into a nice shape.

Thank you.

Dino said the water truck will be there late today, but can't promise dirt today. Maybe the pics don't show it, but we have a lot of dirt to shape anyway.

See all of you later.

XXX

June 19, 2012, 09:57 AM

I cant make it tonight, came down with a fever this morning. If anyone feels they need input from me give me a call nd i'll see if i can come out, looks like its shaping up well tho.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX
    Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

June 19, 2012, 10:48 AM

It may have come from scavenging in the woods and eating stuff off the ground! I've got photographic evidence in my camera.

Tom

XXX

June 19, 2012, 01:16 PM

Lol probably. I was following the 5 minute rule though!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 20, 2012, 02:28 PM

It may have come from scavenging in the woods and eating stuff off the ground! I've got photographic evidence in my camera.

Tom
    Didn't seem to affect me any ;)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

June 22, 2012, 11:52 AM

Good and big news.

The city approved using the whole of graded area as well as contractor with mini excavator. We'll have a 110 x 50 foot pump track!

We are scheduling the excavator and look forward to your help finishing the project.

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

June 26, 2012, 09:09 AM

Tom
    Didn't seem to affect me any ;)

Those were tasty oranges for sure. I couldn't dent that cooler to save my life. Tom you should really post those pics! Hungry like the wolf for sure. :)

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX

June 26, 2012, 12:52 PM

Theyre on fb...

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

June 27, 2012, 11:54 AM

We're putting off machine work until after the holiday due to lack of response. We need a significant shovel crew in order to have the mini excavator alter the existing area and keep the place open.

I'm posting a template of the dimensions for anybody interested in submitting design ideas. It's a .pdf here and I can supply a Visio file.

Thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 31, 2012, 11:50 AM

Update:

1. Word is we have the water truck tonight and a load of better dirt.
    2. I need to know schedules and helpers so we can get the machine operator and shovel crew coordinated. Can anybody take some day time one of these next two Friday's? Any week days?

Thank you.