•  

Ride it.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 26, 2013, 09:01 AM

The latest trail improvements are ready for wheels and fine tuning. There will be work and ride today, and as the rest of the long weekend allows.

Here's the new sustainable grade uphill, and upper pines flow trail has been changed to accommodate all riders.

Blackhawk is open to the public for social events but you must be a member to participate in sports activities. Summer memberships are $35. Year-round memberships are $60 - $390. Summer membership is between the ski seasons.

http://www.blackhawkskiclub.org/membership/registration/

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

May 28, 2013, 06:19 AM

Is there a student membership this year?

This is all I saw when I went to renew my kid's membership:

Membership Fees (required)
    All memberships that expire before the end of the 2012-13 skiing season are required to renew at this time.
    » Your expiration date is: 09/01/2012
    » Your membership type is: Summer Trail Usage Only - Student

Unlimited Full Facility Usage - Single
    $190.00 Unlimited access year-round to trails, alpine (downhill) skiing, cross country skiing, ski jumping, training, biking facilities and events.

Unlimited Full Facility Usage - Family
    $390.00 Unlimited access year-round to trails, alpine (downhill) skiing, cross country skiing, ski jumping, training, biking facilities and events.
    Full facility family memberships are closed at this time. For more information, please contact the club.

Limited Facility Usage - No Alpine (Downhill) Skiing - Single
    $100.00 Limited access to trails for cross country skiing, ski jumping, training, biking, facilities & events.

Limited Facility Usage - No Alpine (Downhill) Skiing - Family
    $175.00 Limited access to trails for cross country skiing, ski jumping, training, biking, facilities & events.

Summer Trail Usage - Single - No Skiing
    $35.00 Summer Trail Season - Not valid for skiing or purchase of skiing programs

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

May 28, 2013, 06:45 AM

They ditched the student membership for this year. Just the $35 summer option. I guess they analyzed the insurance coverage/cost and had to change the rates.

~ i like social d

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 02, 2014, 07:08 PM

They ditched the student membership for this year. Just the $35 summer option. I guess they analyzed the insurance coverage/cost and had to change the rates.

It's reduced this year - $25 individual and $50 families.

Back to to topic, it rode great before dinner this evening. If there was a place your tire was pushing in it was just what's needed after the winter.

Good to go if weather holds: Upper pines to flow trail to gulley, up Hill 2 (new flow trail in progress, see above), cross to front side and cross to upper pines.

Like Quarry Park one might need the tour to know the flow. Honk for a tour and I'm sure someone will oblige. I suggest a spot on our open and closed meter. Blackhawk is an IMBA member of this chapter, and can often be ridden when other places are muck.

XXX

May 05, 2014, 10:15 AM

Recently moved to mad and joined Blackhawk because it's so close to work. Ill be around this week and I Would take a tour if anyone is around. Also be down to help with maintance or building.

XXX

May 05, 2014, 06:32 PM

Hey Briz,
    Welcome to Madison! I plan on heading-out to CamRock this Sat to work on the trails there at 8 AM (not my idea of a Saturday, but hey, there's a work day planned and I owe those trails!). If you'd like get-up extra early, I'd be happy to meet-up with you on the way, we could carpool or caravan. You'll like CamRock, I think. It looks like they're just planning a 1/2 day of work, 8-11, so I plan on getting in a quick ride before heading home. I'm going to try to be back in Madison by 1:00. - Scott

XXX

May 06, 2014, 07:54 AM

Thanks for the offer Scott. Trying to get to cam rock to lend a hand too. Thinking of heading to Blackhawk or middleton bike park after work for the next few days IF it stays dry. I'll be around

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

May 06, 2014, 01:01 PM

Hey Briz,
    Welcome to Madison! I plan on heading-out to CamRock this Sat to work on the trails there at 8 AM (not my idea of a Saturday, but hey, there's a work day planned and I owe those trails!). If you'd like get-up extra early, I'd be happy to meet-up with you on the way, we could carpool or caravan. You'll like CamRock, I think. It looks like they're just planning a 1/2 day of work, 8-11, so I plan on getting in a quick ride before heading home. I'm going to try to be back in Madison by 1:00. - Scott
    Just to clarify. We are planning on a full day of work at CamRock on Saturday. 8a-11. Snack. Back to work until 2:30p. At 2;30 the grill will be fired up and brats, burgers, and beer will be flowing for the post-work party at CamRock Sport!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 06, 2014, 10:59 PM

Blackhawk's trails are a little unkempt right now, but folks are working on that.  Look for a work day / group ride / cook out in the next few weeks.  Some ad-hoc work is going on now, but often without much advance planning.  I may get out for a ride late Sunday and wouldn't mind company, but I have out-of-town guests this weekend, so I am not sure what time that will happen.