•  

Blue Mound Draft Master Plan and Public Input Survey

Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

December 10, 2020, 07:00 PM

The WI DNR has released the Draft Master Plan for Blue Mound State Park. Included in this plan are improvements to the mountain bike trail system which mostly align with the recommendations that CORP provided.

Plans like these don’t come along often, and they are critical to building the trail systems that CORP has helped foster in the greater Madison area. We need YOU, as a member of the mountain bike community (or someone who just enjoys the trails), to take just a few minutes to show the DNR that you support CORP and want great mountain bike trails!

Please complete the DNR Online Input Form now!

There will also be a Virtual Public Meeting on December 16 at 5pm. More information can be found on the DNR website. Questions or comments can be made on our website forum or by contacting the Blue Mound SP Trail Stewards.

Blue Mound Master Planning

Full Draft Master Plan (PDF)

XXX

December 12, 2020, 12:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up! These plans look pretty exciting. As someone new to CORP, I wanted to ask if anyone could suggest talking points to include in the public input form? Is just writing that we like MTB and want more trails enough?

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

December 12, 2020, 12:20 AM

Thanks for the heads up! These plans look pretty exciting. As someone new to CORP, I wanted to ask if anyone could suggest talking points to include in the public input form? Is just writing that we like MTB and want more trails enough?

Hi, thanks for your question and yes, we're very excited.  At this point, we are hoping for general support of the improvements  to the trail system as indicated in the draft Master Plan.  I trust our membership and users of the trail system to provide honest input.  If you feel strongly about aspects of the draft Master Plan, please feel free to weigh in accordingly.  If you go to the DNR planning page for the park, there is an interactive link which shows a layer-based map along with the survey, so you can see the existing vs. proposed trails.

XXX

December 17, 2020, 10:48 AM

Responded to survey. I'm concerned about e-bikes, and I have one (cargo). I think they are a bad mix on trails.

XXX

December 19, 2020, 09:20 AM

Responded to survey. I'm concerned about e-bikes, and I have one (cargo). I think they are a bad mix on trails.

Can I ask why? I have no interest in ebikes myself, but I see them on the trail from time to time and their presence doesn’t register fundamentally differently to me than any other mtb.