•  

Improvements at Seminole?

February 08, 2017, 09:45 AM

Hi Folks,

Scratching my head here thinking, What can I do to improve Seminole? Where should we allocate our time and resources? Please keep in mind that we have Quarry ridge near by with plenty of technical trails, Pleasant view with a jump line and pump track, Quarry park with jump lines, pump track and tech. The plan for Seminole is to be very clean, well manicured, and easily be ridden for a novice. We are trying to keep the trails well groomed in the winter for fatbikes (weather isn't helping this year), we will also be planting more grass seed in the spring around the picnic table and along the trails. removal of dead trees and invasive plants. Improve drainage in problem areas.

Just looking for any suggestions from the folks who ride there that would like to see a change.

thanks,
    Steve

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:34 AM by skota »

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

February 08, 2017, 10:15 AM

Get some PR or knowledge in neighborhood associations near? Two acquaintances who live near did and do not really realize what's there. Maybe there are neighborhood assoc groups or their city council members could communicate.

XXX

February 08, 2017, 10:42 AM

Good idea, thanks. I did notice that there's a nice piece of wooded land owned by Thermo fisher that I may try to talk to them about possibly using too.

XXX

February 08, 2017, 11:53 AM

I think the work at Seminole thus far has been very well applied!
    The outer loop is great for beginners. The inner loop has a great mix of features that beginners and experienced mountain bikers can use to progress their skills.
    I suggest continuing addressing drainage issues on both loops and perhaps make the stream crossings a bit less sketchy on the inner loop.  Sometimes I think it would also be good to have one more small tabletop on the inner loop where one can apply more speed and have a nice runout. The current one requires one to punch up some speed right after climbing a small hill and negotiate a turn shortly after landing. What about replacing the last berm turn before the first bridge with a small tabletop there?

Thanks for the great work at Seminole!

XXX

February 08, 2017, 02:08 PM

good suggestions! the drainage is real issue still, we've gotten it to flow pretty good through the trails but the bit past that and where it floods the cap city path, pretty sure the city will have to address that. I'll try to find out who to talk to about it.

XXX
    Bin
    aka Ben

March 06, 2017, 09:53 AM

Feature wise I think you've struck a great balance at Siminole of being novice friendly without being boring. I think just fine tuning and promoting what is already there is all it needs.

XXX

March 06, 2017, 11:29 AM

Noted, thanks