Quarry Park Work Day Thurs Oct. 17th
Trail Steward - Quarry Park | Former Vice President - Operations
October 10, 2013, 12:22 PM
We are holding another digging day for QP on Oct 17th. The city dropped off dirt, we need to work on the Flow line around the parl.
**We will ride for at least 30 mins, so come early to help if you can
1) We will need wheelbarrows and all digging tools possible. Bring what you have
2) I know peoples have stated they can bring large amounts of water, I will have the key to the gate so pass this on to get one
3) THere are lots of people that are not on this forum please get them on here and pass on
4) Work at 5ish, I will be there sooner
5) #1 priority and where most dirt will go is the Flow line around the park!! We will smooth lines, rebuild parts, kickers...
6) We also need to repair the step downs on the south side, the city wants this done, and to make good lines after them back into the trails
7) There is one uphill on the south side we need to bench and build
8) City will give us more dirt when this is done to fill in doubles and the like (for more peoples to ride them all)
Let me what I missed and what questions are out there. Pass this on please
Trail Steward - Quarry Ridge
October 11, 2013, 02:24 PM
I was just at QP for a lunch ride. I only saw one small pile, third the size of the previous pile.
Same location and same kind of dirt.
The pump track was super fast and the berms seemed small.
I suggest we use it to make the berms really nice and some on the new flow line near the pump track.
The big set of doubles after the big hip. I noticed there are a lot of logs in that area we could use to fill in the middle.
Maybe 2 crews working next Thursday. Pump track area and double filling in. Just a thought.
The Grey Ghost
October 11, 2013, 04:30 PM
I'm in. Will bring shovel, tamper, pulaski. Can someone call Cam and Alex Applegate ?- I lost my cell. Greg H
October 17, 2013, 06:45 AM
I'll probably come out, but might be a little late. If someone wants to grab my wheelbarrow again, I will leave it in the front yard. 2635 Chamberlain.