•  

Donation Can at Bike Swap

g
    And last but not least.......

January 08, 2016, 04:54 PM

Would it be worth putting a donation bowl marked Camrock Machine Grooming at the bike SWAP assuming CORP has a table?

XXX

January 08, 2016, 05:48 PM

Camrock has a grooming machine?

XXX
    g
    And last but not least.......

January 08, 2016, 06:15 PM

A member obtained some equipment as far as I know and they are seeking donations for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

January 08, 2016, 06:28 PM

Sorry, but no table this year. It was discussed but no one stepped up to make it happen when several were working hard at a lot of stuff. We have a lot of the same people doing so much and we keep growing. It would be wonderful to have new faces or lurkers step up.

There's an effort for grooming equipment at Cam Rock and Pleasant View. At last report the city (Middleton) and race promoter were 3/4 the way toward purchasing a groomer for the city's snowmobile.

I am excited about this and want to donate to both! Donation cup or not, there's always the CORP PayPal link and ability to explain your reason for giving.

:)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:21 PM by augs »

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

January 08, 2016, 08:28 PM

Some clarification on things I can clarify:

I pretty much dropped the ball on the Swap table.  It snuck up on me and by the time I realized it (early this week), I didn't want to commit to a table without people to man it, and I didn't want to stress out about finding volunteers in too short a time, and I have a bunch of other stuff going on tomorrow, so it just didn't work out.  We should be back next year.  Do keep in mind that Bike-O-Rama/Midwest Bicycle Show is on the calendar in March, and we will need a bunch of folks to help out there.

A friend of Cam-Rock (and many of us) has acquired a Rokon and offered its use, and a groomer to be pulled behind it has also been purchased.  The groomer is partially paid for by donations, and additional funds are being sought, either from CORP or other donors, for the balance.  Others can probably give more details on this. From what I understand, it should be operational by the next snowfall.

The Pleasant View fundraising effort is mainly to support the races, but could, clearly, be a benefit to many riders out there.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:53 PM by augs »