•  

2020 Pleasant View Upkeep

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

April 23, 2020, 08:05 PM

Hi,

We will have a low  social distanced work day this Saturday 4/25  9AM - Noon. We'll fix up the trail head and do hand tool dirt work. Please bring gloves and wear a mask or bandana.

Contact William or Jon if you have any questions.

https://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?topic=4119.0

XXX

June 01, 2020, 09:36 AM

I trimmed all of Fairview last week. Both wooded sections from the parking lot to the power line and all the single track west of the prairie as it connects to BH still need it. If you go out to help there is a trimmer, gas, and string in the job box at the trail head. Just bring your own ear protection and head net.

XXX

June 04, 2020, 07:56 PM

Trails were in good shape today

Things that need doing:

Trim Landowski Downhill
    Trim from parking to Fairview
    Trim all of the west woods
    Trim Mulligan
    Chainsaw the headache tree on Sasquach
    Cut a few branches that reach out over the mobile boardwalks at the mud hole on the connector to BH

XXX

June 05, 2020, 04:43 PM

I got the downhill section of slice from fairway to the berms under the power lines trimmed up this afternoon.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 28, 2020, 03:23 PM

Got most of the two-way trail trimmed, site-lines are a little better.  Still some trimming to do out at the far prairie and Mulligan.  Also trimmed the jump line and added a wooden take-off to the third jump.  Now you are much less likely overshoot and land on the flat.  It seems like it's riding pretty good, but let me know if you've got feedback.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 12, 2020, 08:42 AM

We are having a work session aided by a UTV to shuttle west this Tuesday at 5 PM. Dress for bugs, weeds and dirt. Head west if you're late. It helps planning if we know how many are attending.

Thank you.

XXX

July 23, 2020, 12:26 PM

New to mountain biking in the last few months. Pleasant View has rapidly become my favorite trail system and I ride here often. Happy to volunteer for helping with upkeep as needed.

XXX

July 30, 2020, 09:38 PM

Trimmed fairway from where the last work day crew stopped in the mid prairie up to the last switchback/berm prior to the west woods.

XXX

August 02, 2020, 07:08 PM

Has anyone cut the tree Yet in PV Between the bottom of Landowski downhill and the connector to BH?

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

August 02, 2020, 07:32 PM

Has anyone cut the tree Yet in PV Between the bottom of Landowski downhill and the connector to BH?

The city will do that and some other tree work shortly.

XXX

August 03, 2020, 06:21 PM

Trees are cleared from both the downhill segment and also the big climb to mulligan shortly thereafter. :)

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

August 12, 2020, 08:48 PM

The next work day is Tuesday the 18th 5 PM. It helps to know how many plan to attend.

Thank you.

XXX

August 12, 2020, 08:59 PM

What’s on the to-do list?

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

August 12, 2020, 09:12 PM

What’s on the to-do list?

Trimming, improving sight lines, deberming, clean up, fix up flow and wear spots. Bench and berm repair if there's enough help.

Hopefully get enough done to only ride bikes until the fall work day.

XXX

August 13, 2020, 10:24 PM

I will be there.