•  

National Trail Day at Quarry Ridge

May 31, 2012, 08:40 PM

Come out at 9 am this Saturday to participate in the final official trailday of the yer at Quarry Ridge, coinciding with National Trail Day.

We will be finishing the entrance trail, polishing the XC loop, and building up the berms and transitions on the DH lines.

If the weather cooperates we will grill out and have a cold one around 1 pm, followed by a ride. If its raining we will head down the street to Buffalo Wild Wings.

Come on out and help get QR in tip top shape for riding season!

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

May 31, 2012, 10:21 PM

Everybody-
    This is worth doing - end of building season and really some real progress ready to be made on expanding/improving quarry ridge - a little gem of a trail system that deserves some attention from everyone.  I know of no other system around the region that has truly some of every style of riding.  It's something to be proud of for CORP and righ now we have the potential and momentum to grow it, just as we have done with CamRock in the last few years.   If you like the way Cam Rock has grown by leaps and bounds in the last two years - take note - QR is gaining features and singletrack!  Please come out and show Brendan and CORP your support this weekend if you can, then get on with the summer riding!!

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

June 02, 2012, 04:07 PM

A good work day today, Brendan.

Walt

XXX

June 05, 2012, 08:46 AM

Thanks everyone who came out over the weekend. We finished benching in the new entrance trail, fixed a bunch of drainage/erosion issues on the XC loop including a cool rock berm, built up a landing and berm on the intermediate 3 sisters line, and polished the flow in and out of the wooden feature on the Tunnel trail.

There is still some work to do on the xc loop and tunnel trail, so keep your eyes peeled here for some ad hoc workdays later this month (after QR get a few consistently wet days).

XXX

June 05, 2012, 10:32 PM

Wish I could've been there, but alas, I was In Moab, UT riding sweet, sweet, technical singletrack!