•  

Drop Zone Bridge Phase 1 Start - 10/18

JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

October 14, 2014, 12:24 PM

The TTF crew will be starting the Phase 1 construction of the Drop Zone Bridge this Saturday morning. The bridge will pass over Bottoms Up and offer 2-3 drops of varying height with an alternate easy option down to trail tread of Drop Zone. Jeff carved out a section of Bottoms Up and piled the dirt just down hill of the original tread. This dirt will serve as the transition for the largest drop and likely the base for the berm that will redirect you to the main Drop Zone trail. Phase 2 will be completed at a later date and provide the next (lower) drop and possibly the other drop and east path to the ground.

We will need help hauling the 6 X 6 posts from bottom of the Tunnel trail up to the build site. We are looking for 6 - 10 strong people to start with and 2 - 4 to stay around and help dig the post holes and stand the posts.

Please be at the bottom of the Tunnel trail if you can give us a hand and those that can stay will need to stay until 2:00.

I realize this build conflicts with Walt and Gary's efforts at Blue Mound so please head to Blue Mound if you are in that area. Also send me an email (j w henry 21 at gmail) or PM if you plan to head to QR so I can redirect folks if we get too many.
    XXX

October 14, 2014, 06:57 PM

I'd love to make it, but will be working in Waterloo. Good luck with the build!

XXX
    JHenry

October 15, 2014, 04:28 PM

I see I didn't list a start time. 9:30 if you can make it.
    XXX

October 15, 2014, 07:50 PM

To help get those up there, Mike H built a small wooden 2-wheeled cart. I think you could set 2 of them on the cart and roll them a lot easier than carrying.

XXX

October 16, 2014, 11:38 AM

I'll lend a hand.

XXX
    JHenry

October 16, 2014, 12:22 PM

Thanks! Dave and I will plan to be at the huge pile'o'lumber at 9:30.
    XXX

October 16, 2014, 07:10 PM

I haven't been there since Sunday - are you talking about the wood by the toolbox or is there a pile by the bottom of tunnel trail now?

Just don't want to be running around all morning  ;D

XXX
    JHenry

October 16, 2014, 08:27 PM

Bottom of the tunnel trail. Dave dropped the lumber off Saturday morning  8)
    XXX
    JHenry

October 18, 2014, 10:53 PM

Thanks to the guys that stopped out today we were able to get most of the wood up the hill.  Unfortunately mother nature thwarted our progress today. Not surprisingly we hit rock in 5 of 10 holes and will need to pour concrete tomorrow. That translates to approximately 1200 lbs :- concrete to be hauled to the feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated 8)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:27 PM by JHenry »

XXX
    JHenry

October 19, 2014, 08:36 AM

Starting at about 9:30 this morning. You will find us somewhere between the bottom of the tunnel trail and the top of drop zone.
    XXX

October 21, 2014, 10:12 PM

We will be working on this feature Wednesday (10/22) from 4 until dark. Tentatively, Sunday (10/26) we will be working at least in the morning. Helpers needed!

XXX
    JHenry

October 26, 2014, 09:50 PM

We got a little further today. We should be able to get it decked this coming weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

October 27, 2014, 11:02 AM

Josh I can't remember if you told me there would be a ride-around or not?

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

October 27, 2014, 01:32 PM

No ride around. This is a difficult line. There will be easier ways down instead of the main drop that you see, but all traffic on Drop Zone will cross Bottoms Up by going over the bridge.

XXX
    JHenry

October 30, 2014, 08:36 AM

We're almost done with the wood portion of phase one. We will be out Saturday morning at 10:00 to finish the decking and take a look at the alignment of the transition and the drop option. We encourage the type of people that will be riding this feature to stop out around 12:00 to provide input on the above mentioned alignments.