•  

TYROL BASIN!!!

August 31, 2018, 12:44 PM

I couldn't say anything about this for a while because of legal-ese stuff, but Tyrol Basin has been successfully sold.  My wife was the attorney for the buyer/new owner and she said that one of the first things that he brought up was that he wanted to turn this area into an all-year business, not just the ski season...and his plan is to have a true downhill MTB park. 
    This is in the very beginning of planning, but it's very exciting news.  Plans/hopes include rental facilities, races, DH  and XC and CX courses, and more.  There are going to be opportunities for help with trail design, trail building, retail, and who knows what else!
    I'm just super stoked about the idea of an actual DH course this close to Madison.

Dan the suspension man...I can't remember what you said your last name is so I couldn't find how to contact you.  But this is the thing that I told you about that one day up at Quarry Ridge and I said I couldn't talk about it yet.  I figured something like this, with your background/experience/history with trail building, and (maybe more importantly) long travel suspension would be of interest to you.   

XXX
    ddacko11
    Former Trail Steward - Quarry Park | Former Vice President - Operations

September 08, 2018, 10:47 AM

That would be RAD.  This is Dan,  lets connect and would love to have a short conversation with the new owners for CORP,  what we can help with.  They have awesome terrain.

XXX
    Ryan E.
    Assistant Trail Steward - Cross Plains
    Trail Steward

June 27, 2019, 08:47 PM

Is there anymore updates on this possible project? I hear people talk about the possibility, & just curious if there is any dates or direction set in stone yet.

XXX

July 30, 2019, 09:14 AM

Anyone heard any new news on DH trails at Tyrol?
    Last I heard they were putting in a disc golf course.