•  

2013 Spring Work Weekend schedule---CHANGE ONE DUE TO SLOW SPRING

March 11, 2013, 03:51 PM

Going to do things a bit different this year.  One big weekend at each trail system.  Four total work weekends.

All hands on deck at each trail system led by the Trail Stewards.  System steward in the Primary leader delegating tasks to the other stewards who will then lead individual crews.  Each weekend will include a social event or potential camp out/bonfire on the included Saturday night.  Group rides may occur as well if we have another epic dry spring like last year.  We are also setting up a raffle of sorts.  Each hour of work will earn you a ticket towards a drawing on that weekend and at a final year end event.  While the prizes are still being coordinated we hope the grand offering will be a new steed...

Of course more details as the weekend approach but here are the key weekends to set aside:

April 6-7
    NEW DATE April 20-21
    Cam-Rock

April 20-21
    NEW DATE TBA--Likely Mid May
    Quarry Ridge

May 4-5
    Middleton Bike Park

May 18-19
    NEW DATE TBA--Likely Early June
    Blue Mounds State Park

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 06:20 AM by Nelson »

XXX

March 13, 2013, 02:45 AM

I am available Sundays (except the 7th) and will gladly be there. I hate working Saturdays!

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

March 13, 2013, 09:15 AM

We will have more details to post for the CR work weekend very soon. CR Sport is on board to support us or half of the weekend and we will be camping overnight at CR I! It's going to be a blast  8)
    XXX
    Q
    Bonner

March 13, 2013, 11:01 AM

F yes! Camping and trail building. I'll be there. Can't make it early in the day Saturday, but mid-afternoon, evening, and all day Sunday.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 13, 2013, 01:17 PM

We are hoping to make the CamRock weekend a bit of an event. There is talk of donated kegs, bonfires, and possibly even a band or music of some sort :)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    dburatti
    Builder of trails. Rider of bikes.

March 13, 2013, 01:42 PM

I plan to be at as many as possible.

D

~ I love my job!

XXX

March 13, 2013, 03:25 PM

And by I hate working Saturdays I mean at my real job. I love doing this kinda stuff.

XXX
    singletrackminx

March 24, 2013, 05:20 PM

Hey! New here, would love to get involved. What should I bring besides boots, gloves, work clothes and a capable liver?tools?

Thanks!
    Patricia

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 24, 2013, 06:19 PM

Hey! New here, would love to get involved. What should I bring besides boots, gloves, work clothes and a capable liver?tools?

Thanks!
    Patricia
    Sounds like you pretty much have it covered Patricia!

Unless you have a favorite McCloud or Rogue Hoe you carry around for working on trails, no need to bring any of your own ;) We will supply all the hand and power tools needed. And the snacks, water, lunch and after work brewski's as well.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

April 08, 2013, 01:53 PM

I am new to CORP, but I am willing and able to help out wherever and whenever.  I will watch the calender I you will probably see me there.

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

April 08, 2013, 02:04 PM

Welcome!  You're exactly what CORP needs almost more than anything else...new people!

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

April 08, 2013, 07:27 PM

I would ask that everyone do their best to spread the word for our work weekends. We are going to need a good crowd at each trail to get the amount if work done that was spread over 2 or 3 separate days at each trail in the past. Let's get 'r done!