•  

First Dirt

farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

March 11, 2016, 10:33 PM

Todd U. and I went out for a ride tonight at the farm. Trail is drying up and quite firm already. With the leaf cover nothing was sticking to the tires. We cleared some of the bigger branches and sticks but it's still a little trashy.  Leaves make it a little hard following the trail.
    Also 2 trees down on the north loop that will require dismounts. Watch out, they're both where you will have a little speed. First one is right away on the downhill right off the trailhead. The second one is in the gully crossing before the connector. There are a couple other small ones that are ridable.
    We were riding our fat bikes as they are your best bet with the softer conditions. I'm sure plus size tires will be fine also. I think regular tires might be OK.
    Get out and ride before the rain comes Sunday. :)

On a bummer note, I picked up a little stick in my rear wheel just a short ways before we got back to my house. Any body know a good aluminum welder  :'(

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

March 13, 2016, 10:06 AM

Got out yesterday and cut the 2 logs out on the north loop.
    Went and rode both loops in both direction. Had to ride the niner since the tractor is out of commission. The "skinny" tires were fine out there.
    North loop is still a little damp so there is more rollng resistance. Still amazing considering the north loop is usually about 2 weeks later than the south loop.
    Not much rain yet but the weather forcast doesn't look to promising for the coming week. Did see a few other riders get out and get a early spring ride in.

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX

April 20, 2016, 08:19 PM

I would like to check out the notorious FARM.  Could someone shoot  me an email with info?  or a time I could meet and ride w/ someone out there?  bmariposa10@yahoo.com.  thanks! Leia

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

April 22, 2016, 11:07 AM

We've had several people ask about the farm. I'm not sure what the official rules are for riding there, it used to be you had to attend a workday or be otherwise active in the club. Greg?

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

April 24, 2016, 10:36 PM

Group ride coming up: http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?topic=3401.msg22592#msg22592.  There aren't strict rules for riding there, but, like all our trails, supporting CORP is the best way to keep them open and maintained.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:44 PM by augs »