•  

Good ride at Quarry ridge last night!

Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

October 24, 2013, 03:50 PM

Perfect temp for it! Underarmor long underwear and a hoodie and I was set to go. I'm still getting used to my '12 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR. Finally found the optimal seat position. I also upped the psi in the rear shock to 250 psi. This might be of some interest to other Clydestale class riders like me. I'm currently 265 pounds. If I use Specialized fancy dancy autosag function it puts the psi @ 275. Ok. The problem is; every rear air shock is rated to operate @ a max of 250 psi. Running the psi @ 275 blew out my first rear shock in less than 50 miles. So it is currently maxed @ 250 psi. I have lost 35 pounds so far and have at least another 35 to lose to have everything work right

XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

October 24, 2013, 03:56 PM

250psi is in reference to Fox rear shocks. I haven't kept current on other brands.
    My ride got cut short as I got called into work which is ok because I had no legs left and was huffing and puffing badly. Still getting over asthmatic bronchitis and dealing with exercise induced asthma.

XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

December 01, 2013, 01:12 PM

I was given incorrect info on the Fox shock maximum psi. Currently running the rear shock at 265psi and it's fine

XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

December 01, 2013, 01:30 PM

Actually acts like it has a rear suspension now. Functionally it'll always be less than 300 psi. 300psi is the starting point with 20% taken out for sag.