•  

Trail Clean Up Help

farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

March 29, 2021, 09:29 PM

The big burr oak tree on the south loop went down today in the high winds.  I am planning to go out and try to tackle it this thursday night after work. I could probably use some help. Meet at my house Thursday Apr 1 (this is not an april fools) at 5:30.
    Both trails could also use a good walk thru and clean up all the small sticks and branches that came down. The north loop has two small trees that need to be dealt with also. The first is a buck thorn just before the bridge by  the trail head, a hand saw can handle it. The second tree is a dead one across the trail on the first climb after the connector, one strong guy or two guys can probably drag it out of the way (if not let me know, i'll go get it with the chainsaw).
    Post up if you can help or text me if you can make it thursday 608-669-1648

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX

March 30, 2021, 12:06 PM

I`ll be there.

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

March 30, 2021, 10:57 PM

Took the afternoon off to go get my Covid shot. Things went good, I was home by 4:00 and no side effects. What should I do? Decided to go out in the woods and start on that big tree. Things went good and I got it cleaned off the trail.
    No sense letting a planned clean up go to waste. We will still get together Rwill and any one else that wants to come out. Bring your bike and plan on riding. We will do a lap, stopping to pick up some of the bigger stuff and clean up the two trees on the north loop. Tires leave my house at 5:45.

XXX

March 31, 2021, 12:18 PM

I'm in!

XXX

March 31, 2021, 03:38 PM

I'm going to try and make it!

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

April 02, 2021, 06:17 AM

Had a good ride last night. Randy, Richard, Nick and I got the 2 trees taken care off on the north loop. We also picked up most of the bigger debris and cut a few low hanging branches. Thanks for the help guys and the post ride beer.