•  

The Farm needs some love....

June 19, 2012, 08:12 AM

Love as in maintenance.

A full weed whacking and trimming is in order to get the trails back in prime shape for punishment.

I'm planning on this Sunday (6/24) at 8am.  Anybody want to bring a whacker and help out?

Bear

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

June 19, 2012, 08:45 AM

For me the weekend is a no but I could do some work on a Wednesday morning.

~ i like social d

XXX

June 19, 2012, 08:48 AM

Hello Bear,

I'm a new CORP member and have only heard about "the farm". I would love to come out to help and meet a few people to ride with. Would this be possible?

Thanks for the consideration on this.

moto

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

June 19, 2012, 09:27 AM

Can't make it Sunday, but we have a ton of leftover beer, brats, and buns from the last BBB that need to be utilized if you want them.

XXX

June 19, 2012, 10:21 AM

Moto - yes, we'd love the help!  If you can make it I'd meet you at the Red Mouse in Pine Bluff at 7:50am on Sunday....I know it's early but I've got family stuff in the afternoon.

Tim - Probably a no-go on the BBB concept for this one....a few hours of work and then I'm off to other things.

~ I like beer and men

XXX

June 19, 2012, 10:44 AM

That's Great!  I'll be there for sure. I have the same family commitments so that works out well.
    see you then.

XXX

June 19, 2012, 12:43 PM

That's Great!  I'll be there for sure. I have the same family commitments so that works out well.
    see you then.

Awesome!  By any chance do you have a weed whacker you can bring with?!?

~ I like beer and men

XXX

June 19, 2012, 03:05 PM

Got clearance from the War Dept.   What section do you want to meet at ?  I will have a weed whacker , and 4 stroke gas. If you think of something else let me know.  Are you bringing your bike ?

XXX

June 19, 2012, 03:41 PM

Yes will bring a weed whacker with me.  No worries.  See ya at 0750.

XXX

June 19, 2012, 03:53 PM

New member here, too. (Hello moto) I'm going work at Blue Mounds on Saturday so iffy on Sunday. But I am available weekdays if anyone wants to schedule midweek. I have tools and know how to build. Back's in pretty good shape, too.

I've long heard tales of the enigmatic Farm and would love the chance to properly earn my stripes. You guys have done amazing work around here and I would consider it a privilege to help.

Gil OBrien

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

June 19, 2012, 06:20 PM

I'll be able to help also. We can just meet at my house and plan our attack from here. Todd bring your bike (with good tires  ;) ).
     I have a stihl kombi with a string trimmer, but if someone could get a hold of the sickle trimmer from Cam-Rock that would be great.

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX

June 19, 2012, 09:29 PM

I'll be able to help also. We can just meet at my house and plan our attack from here. Todd bring your bike (with good tires  ;) ).
     I have a stihl kombi with a string trimmer, but if someone could get a hold of the sickle trimmer from Cam-Rock that would be great.

Thanks Greg just when Bear was starting forget about my tires you had to go rub salt in the wound.

XXX

June 19, 2012, 11:45 PM

Todd - was going to put slicks on the Teesdale but I'm afraid with the increase in speed I'd end up riding alone.....

Newbies - I'll meet you at the Red Mouse in Pine Bluff at 7:50am on Sunday.  Sorry for the early start but it's a necessary evil.  If you can't make it on Sunday I'm sure we'll do a few other workday/rides to get this little gem polished again.

I'll grab a backpack blower and post-work refreshments.

~ I like beer and men

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:47 PM by sbear55 »

XXX

June 20, 2012, 04:06 AM

Ouch.....................      GAME ON !!

XXX

June 21, 2012, 06:53 AM

I've got the stihl hedger from camrock.I am planning on whacking blue mound thursday and friday.I can drop it off at Gregs house friday p.m..I would like to be able to pick it up for more fun at blue mound early next week.