•  

New to the site looking for people to MTB with!

March 16, 2016, 02:23 PM

Hello,

I am new to the site.   2 seasons back into Mountain Biking and I am looking for others like myself to trail ride on the weekends.  I am 33 years old, live in Middleton, and ride a full suspension Kona.  I ride at Quarry Ridge and Camrock.  But I would like to explore other places and also have people to ride with.  Please PM me or leave contact info. 

Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:24 PM by MadKona »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 17, 2016, 12:41 AM

If you can hit any of the weekly rides at the trails it is a good place to meet folks to ride with other times as well.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    madnordski
    Biking on smile power

March 19, 2016, 08:41 AM

Check out WEMS -- these events are very low key with 100% friendly people.  The plus for me is they get me out to other places in Wisconsin.  I started doing the short distance but the mid-distance has become my favorite.  Check it out at http://wemseries.com.  There is also WORS, which you are no doubt fully aware.  While WORS is a huge somewhat competitive family picnic, WEMS is more like going camping with a few friends.

I'm planning to head to Cam Rock today.  I'll be wearing a black kit and riding a lefty.

Cheers,

--joe
    XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward

March 19, 2016, 09:17 AM

Hello,

I am new to the site.  I am 2 seasons back into Mountain Biking.  I am looking for others like myself to trail ride with on the weekends.  I am 33 years old, live in Middleton, and ride a full suspension Kona.  I ride mostly at Quarry Ridge and Camrock.  But i would like to explore other places and also have people to ride with.  Please PM me or leave contact info. 

Thanks!

If you're in Middleton you have a 6 to almost 14 mi ride from downtown depending your Blackhawk club membership status. The best chances for meetups near home are weekend mornings, Tues evenings, Thurs evenings, and sometimes Monday evenings. All that depends on which posse and sub-posse are meeting. The Monday group goes between Quarry Ridge and a PV start. Tuesday has always been the work, ride and play night at Pleasant View. What will happen on a Thursday is a ride while the kids lessons are occurring, or instructors will ride when the kids lessons are done. The latter is never as large or official like the Thursday Cam Rock rides but they can be a lot of fun. At times they are unofficial lessons for the parents with kids and race practice for others but always fun and friendly.

In May your home town will have amazing trail construction project start.

XXX

March 21, 2016, 08:52 AM

Check out WEMS -- these events are very low key with 100% friendly people.  The plus for me is they get me out to other places in Wisconsin.  I started doing the short distance but the mid-distance has become my favorite.  Check it out at http://wemseries.com.  There is also WORS, which you are no doubt fully aware.  While WORS is a huge somewhat competitive family picnic, WEMS is more like going camping with a few friends.

I'm planning to head to Cam Rock today.  I'll be wearing a black kit and riding a lefty.

Cheers,

--joe

I like the idea of Enduro racing!  I wasnt sure Wisconsin had them.  But I wont be able to travel very far for a couple of years having very small children.

XXX

March 21, 2016, 08:52 AM

Hello,

I am new to the site.  I am 2 seasons back into Mountain Biking.  I am looking for others like myself to trail ride with on the weekends.  I am 33 years old, live in Middleton, and ride a full suspension Kona.  I ride mostly at Quarry Ridge and Camrock.  But i would like to explore other places and also have people to ride with.  Please PM me or leave contact info. 

Thanks!

If you're in Middleton you have a 6 to almost 14 mi ride from downtown depending your Blackhawk club membership status. The best chances for meetups near home are weekend mornings, Tues evenings, Thurs evenings, and sometimes Monday evenings. All that depends on which posse and sub-posse are meeting. The Monday group goes between Quarry Ridge and a PV start. Tuesday has always been the work, ride and play night at Pleasant View. What will happen on a Thursday is a ride while the kids lessons are occurring, or instructors will ride when the kids lessons are done. The latter is never as large or official like the Thursday Cam Rock rides but they can be a lot of fun. At times they are unofficial lessons for the parents with kids and race practice for others but always fun and friendly.

In May your home town will have amazing trail construction project start.

What time on Tuesdays at Pleasant View?

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

March 23, 2016, 06:43 PM

Cheers,

--joe

I like the idea of Enduro racing!  I wasnt sure Wisconsin had them.  But I wont be able to travel very far for a couple of years having very small children.
    WEMS isn't "Enduro" racing. It's endurance racing. Just an FYI. I'd hate for you to be disappointed.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

XXX
    ChadLando
    Trek Trails Coordinator // Landowski Trailworx LLC

March 29, 2016, 12:21 PM

Cheers,

--joe

WEMS isn't "Enduro" racing. It's endurance racing. Just an FYI. I'd hate for you to be disappointed.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
    If you're interested in enduro racing I'd recommend checking out the Superior Gravity Series races - https://www.facebook.com/LakeSuperiorGravitySeries.  In my opinion, these are the best enduro races that you're going to find in the Midwest.  Marquette, Copper Harbor and Duluth all have incredible trails on unique terrain and host great MTB festivals.