•  

2020 Pleasant View Upkeep

August 14, 2020, 12:58 PM

Re PV we might discourage bikers from returning to parking lot via short cut as I’ve almost been hit 2x by a golfer driving by in a hurry

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 15, 2020, 08:11 AM

Re PV we might discourage bikers from returning to parking lot via short cut as I’ve almost been hit 2x by a golfer driving by in a hurry

Hi,

This is not an upkeep issue, and I don't believe there are many or any options while we're between the old and new trailhead. You can let the parks department and other city officials know. The best is join the group who attend to the advocacy, trail care and fundraising efforts. You could also start a separate thread that might get more feedback but this space is about trail upkeep.

If you've not followed, we also have posts here about the overall plan and fundraising we have to do in order to achieve it.

Thank you.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

August 16, 2020, 06:43 AM

I got a start on work day tasks yesterday with some hand tool fixes. Please leave word in the forums or Facebook group if you can attend the Tuesday work session.

XXX

August 17, 2020, 01:29 PM

Karl and Sue will be there.

XXX

August 23, 2020, 01:06 PM

Can we get word to the city asking them to cut a tree. It is at the bottom of the western woods on the way down Landowski Downhill just before you cross the rocks and then go down the high cut berms.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

August 23, 2020, 01:38 PM

I will get good info today. When I supply all of a Garmin, Google, type and photo with good GPS info they for sure get it. My understanding is one tree at start of Slice and one before the grotto.

XXX

August 25, 2020, 03:18 PM

Road all of PV today and trees are cleared.

XXX

August 29, 2020, 03:27 PM

Another tree down at the very top Of the Slice climb, but there’s a bypass.

I remember seeing a precarious tree overhanging the trail near the beginning, but I can’t remember where exactly.

XXX

September 07, 2020, 01:24 PM

There is a huge tree limb that is overhanging the trail and is precariously close to falling. Is that something that we should proactively address or just wait for it to fall? It looks like it’s 10% attached at this point.

It’s overhanging the rocky section of trail just below the double switchbacks near the top of Mulligan. It seemed like I might have been able pull it down, but it would have been too big for me to clear on my own.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

September 14, 2020, 06:59 AM

Thank you Randy.

On Sunday we did some more dirt work and trimmed some branches that were somewhere between losing points for style and annoying.

XXX

September 27, 2020, 08:00 PM

A few more fixes today. Rebuilt the little kicker on downhill slice. Also repaired what had become a rather rutted roller into a steep downhill bit just before the grotto. Finally, rebuilt some of the berm at the bottom after the roller. The dirt I mined for this was not as damp as I had hoped given the rain. Please be gentle with these segments until they have a chance to harden.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

October 18, 2020, 09:53 PM

Fall work day is this 8 AM this Saturday. Please respond or RSVP to help tools and social distance planning.

XXX

October 19, 2020, 10:11 AM

I will be there.

XXX

October 21, 2020, 03:17 PM

I will be there at 8am, my name is Scott.

XXX

December 03, 2020, 08:02 AM

Tree down on Fairway shortly after entering the woods. Too big/long to drag off the trail, but small enough in diameter that someone could take it out with a hand saw.