•  

Madison Parks approves a dedicated cyclocross trail

CX Rob
    Trail Steward - Northeast Park
    Trail Steward

February 26, 2015, 07:47 AM

A small step forward for off-road cycling: Last night, Madison Parks Commissioners approved a new cyclocross practice course at Northeast Park. It will open this summer.
    A map of the new course is attached. It's not the ideal size or park location, but it's a start. The 'cross community is excited.

For CORP, it may be an opportunity for more winter Fat Bike trail... PLEASE get in touch with me first, if anyone is interested in that for next season.

It has been a long 9-month process, but I've learned that it is possible to achieve our goals in Madison (even though it can be very frustrating at times). I hope this marks the beginning of a more collaborative and fruitful relationship with Madison Parks. The new Superintendent of Madison Parks appears sincere in his desire to embrace off-road cycling.

I can't wait to ride Seminole Trails this summer on my CX bike!
    Thanks for everything you guys do. CORP and IMBA continue to be a huge inspiration for me.
    -Rob Lewis

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 26, 2015, 09:32 AM

That is good news. Good work sticking with it ti get something through the Madison governance. The wheels if government move very slowly.

~ Chuck Hutchens