•  

Construction barrel at the entrance/exit...

December 16, 2019, 02:00 PM

Riding these trails yesterday (12/15/19) I rode past a construction barrel at the main entrance/exit to the trails.
    I wasn't sure what it meant or who put it there though the trails were open and fine .
    CORP or a prankster who found it and put it there?
    (I did see one a couple months ago in another odd location not too far from those trails. Maybe it was the same one?) 
    It is not impossible to go around, just that it was a surprising obstacle to navigate passing when coming downhill on the exit.
    Just thought you should know if it needs to be removed or to get an explanation what it means.

Does CORP have a supply of construction barrels or other such types of warning equipment?

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

December 17, 2019, 06:00 AM

Not sure where that came from, but it's been used as a visual indicator of trail closure for years now...

Thing is that it isn't really "official" and nobody's responsible for making sure it's set out or moved away from the entrance as appropriate.

If you rode the trails and thought they were in fine shape please feel free to move it away from the entrance.