•  

Trail in perfect shape right now

October 26, 2013, 09:16 AM

Thanks to those responsible for the leaf blowing.  QR was in perfect condition Friday afternoon.  You could have ran slicks and not wash out on the corners.  The new berm is saucy as well. 

~ Burn rubber

XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

October 26, 2013, 09:23 AM

New berm?

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

October 27, 2013, 08:44 AM

I blew it off Friday morning for the Bike Fed MTB ride that afternoon. Unfortunately there are lots more leaves yet to fall so it's merely a temporary respite.

~ i like social d

XXX
    Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

October 27, 2013, 02:59 PM

Trails are being blown off by lots of traffic. My son and I hit the trails this morning. I hit them last night too. I've seen 8-10 people every time I've rode at QR the last couple weeks!\

Tom

XXX

October 27, 2013, 05:24 PM

Trails were busy this afternoon and everything was in great shape. Love the filled in gaps on the jump line, even though I still need to clear the doubles to have enough speed for them!

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

October 28, 2013, 12:58 PM

Yeah just out at lunch today.  Tacky and fast as it gets.  New berm is pretty nice guys, that corner improved a lot when someone finally (after years) removed the stump from the middle of it - now it's also flows.

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

October 28, 2013, 01:54 PM

Ah I did notice that stump was gone!

XXX

October 28, 2013, 02:17 PM

Yeah just out at lunch today.  Tacky and fast as it gets.  New berm is pretty nice guys, that corner improved a lot when someone finally (after years) removed the stump from the middle of it - now it's also flows.
    I sorta miss that stump :(

~ Burn rubber

XXX

October 28, 2013, 02:44 PM

i second that.  put it back

XXX

October 28, 2013, 04:21 PM

i second that.  put it back

New trail section: stump line! It's like a jump line, but just a row of stumps hahaha :D I'm a fan of the stump being gone.

XXX

October 28, 2013, 04:42 PM

I put an obstacle back in its place yesterday. We'll see if it stays. If not, it will get bigger.

Please do not remove obstacles. They are part of the trail! We don't want to turn this into a big dirt highway!

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

October 28, 2013, 04:47 PM

I put an obstacle back in its place yesterday. We'll see if it stays. If not, it will get bigger.

Please do not remove obstacles. They are part of the trail! We don't want to turn this into a big dirt highway!
    We must not be talking about the same thing.  There was nothing there today.  Talking about immediately after the brand spankin new berm on the left turn almost at the bottom.  It hasn't been there for a while.  It was just a small disruptive stupid thing.  Not technical, just annoying.

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

October 28, 2013, 06:34 PM

I saw it tonight - two small logs I believe over the hole.  Needs a little something as I agree no dirt highway!

~ Burn rubber