•  

Looking for MTB

June 12, 2020, 06:36 PM

Looking to get into mtb and trying to find a bike. Price max is ~$750 and many have suggested buying used in that range. Large frame. Having very little luck with craigslist or Facebook market place so I figured I would post here on the off chance someone is looking to sell. Mainly thinking XC style riding. I like a good workout and typically ride toad. I like belting around at speed, but I prefer it be under my own power. Also like climbs. Not so interested in downhill style riding. No interest in doing giant jumps or drops. Smaller jumps and drops sound fun. If anyone has a lead on something please send me a message.

Psyched to find this community and Madison and hope to get out on the trails.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 22, 2020, 11:54 AM

How about a fatty good for trail and snow? Little used size M/L size 19.5 Farley 8. A really fun fat bike because the suspension fork makes it a great summer trail bike too. $1100 might be above your budget but you have suspension fork, better than average wheels, and XG driver hub for better 11 or 12 speed setup.

https://archive.trekbikes.com/uk/en/2015/Trek/farley_8#/uk/en/2015/Trek/farley_8/details

XXX

June 22, 2020, 11:59 AM

Sorry I should have updated my own post. I ended up increasing my budget a bit and picked up a Salsa Rangefinder Deore with 27.5+. Spent about 4 hours out on the trails yesterday and loved it. Thanks to all those who got in touch with potential options!