•  

So I was just riding along and...

newguy

July 19, 2014, 06:02 PM

I stumbled across The Farm (I'm only 99% sure since I didn't actually ride any of it without permission, but the evidence is overwhelming). Is anyone riding out there tomorrow that wouldn't mind showing me around? I just moved to Madison in June and am still looking to meet people and get involved with the trail building/maintenance effort around the area. I've ridden Cam Rock, Blue Mound, and Quarry Ridge several times but I keep thinking about that time I rode past some super secret singletrack....

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

July 20, 2014, 08:54 PM

Newguy,

I'll speak up for Greg and state he's very accommodating to riders who want to ride his trails. It's not a strict quid pro quo, but people who show up and volunteer to help at a CORP workday or, for instance, the upcoming CORP fest are usually welcome to ride at the Farm.

Walt

XXX

July 21, 2014, 08:57 AM

I'll be hitting the trail around 2:45-3:00 today to do a little recon ride to find out what needs to be done out there.  Hopefully things aren't too bad and I can get some of it cleaned up this week.  Once things are good we'll try and get some group rides going.

XXX
    newguy

July 21, 2014, 08:35 PM

I'd love to help out when I can. I could definitely commit to volunteer to help with CORP fest or whatever needs done leading up to it. Who should I contact? Whether or not I end up riding at The Farm it will be good to meet some people.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

July 21, 2014, 08:48 PM

I'd love to help out when I can. I could definitely commit to volunteer to help with CORP fest or whatever needs done leading up to it. Who should I contact? Whether or not I end up riding at The Farm it will be good to meet some people.

http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?topic=2466.0

To see if Thom needs help, PM him via his profile on the Members tab at the top of the page.

Thanks,
    Walt

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:49 PM by Walt Hougas »