•  

WTB: 26" x 1-3/8" tires

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

November 30, 2016, 04:35 PM

Looking for a pair of tires for a couple of rebuilds I am working on. A Schwinn Breeze and a Schwinn Traveler, respectively. Old school town bikes.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

November 30, 2016, 06:08 PM

You may know this, Chuck, but that is a different 26" than mountain bike 26".  Back when we had a couple old Schwinns, I had a really hard time finding tires.  Most bike shops will have them, but they are really poor quality.  Now that I think about it, it won't be too long before that is the case with mountain bike 26" tires.  I better start hoarding.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 01, 2016, 06:44 AM

You may know this, Chuck, but that is a different 26" than mountain bike 26".  Back when we had a couple old Schwinns, I had a really hard time finding tires.  Most bike shops will have them, but they are really poor quality.  Now that I think about it, it won't be too long before that is the case with mountain bike 26" tires.  I better start hoarding.
    Thanks for the info Jon. Good to know.
    BTW: I would start hoarding. You ought to be able to get a free lifetime supply of 26ers just sitting around! I've prolly got 20 of them and only one bike they fot on any more. And no one is riding that bike much ;D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

December 02, 2016, 02:59 PM

I'd try dream bikes or even Revolution.  I was at rev over lunch today in the basement looking for parts and there were many tires down there.  give em a buzz

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 03, 2016, 07:39 AM

I'd try dream bikes or even Revolution.  I was at rev over lunch today in the basement looking for parts and there were many tires down there.  give em a buzz
    Good idea Wade. Thanks!

~ Chuck Hutchens