•  

Storm Sewer Construction

July 01, 2015, 05:19 PM

Quarry Ridge will have some trail closures this summer due to construction. A new storm sewer is being installed as part of the new subdivision, and all of the trails near the concrete bridge will be temporarily closed. They have already cut down a bunch of brush. They will be cutting down trees on 7/2, and installing the storm sewer over about 2-3 weeks later in the summer (date not yet set). When construction is occurring, there will be signage posted on the trail, trails will be marked closed, and reroutes should be placed by the contractors. See the attached maps for the affected areas of closed trails.

Please note that only about 500 feet of trail is going to be affected (mostly Lakeview). The closed off area is just for safety of trail users and to close off trails where it makes sense to place a temporary detour. The construction crew is supposed to return the trails to their current condition once complete, and CORP will be working with them to make sure this occurs.

We purposely avoided enhancing trails in the construction area during the previous workdays since we knew the storm sewer installation would be occurring soon, so none of the recent trail improvements are affected. In fact, we hope to enhance these areas after construction is complete!

Stay tuned for updates.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 20, 2015, 10:20 PM

It seems like if the tree across the old beginner shortcut were removed, you could take that section backwards from the original downhill and keep alot more of Dizzy open.  Though I could be wrong.  If I am right, it seems like a pretty easy way to add some variety during construction.

XXX

July 21, 2015, 07:40 AM

Good point, and that would allow some variety if you are riding down Bottoms Up (otherwise you are stuck taking Rewind back to the top with no alternative). Hopefully construction only lasts a week or so and it won't affect us much. I know it will force me to ride all the downhill trails repeatedly, which isn't a bad thing!

XXX

August 05, 2015, 12:02 PM

It looks like storm sewer construction could start on Friday (8/7). We'll try to open up that beginner bypass tonight at the trail clearing event.

XXX
    Timmy
    I might be hurt, but is my bike ok?

September 04, 2015, 08:49 AM

Have we heard an ETA of when they'll be finished?

~ Adventure is the invitation to common people to become uncommon - Warren Miller

XXX

September 08, 2015, 05:55 PM

I have not heard anything yet, but I'll post when I do.