•  

Date Change! - CamRock Trail Day April 18th, 8:30a.

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

April 04, 2015, 11:56 AM

Yikes it is this time of year already! Next Saturday is going to be the big spring workday at CamRock!
    The soil is in great shape for working, and we have some good trail work to do this year. Wherever we can get the water off the trail we will make our favorite parts of the trail last for years to come.
    As always we have some fun new stuff to work on too with a complete rebuilding of Area 51. The direction will be reversed and lots of new features will be added.
    Berms berms and rollers will be repaired and enlarged as well.
    As always we are looking to put more smiles per mile in on the CamRock trails!

We are going to do a similar plan to last year. Following are the details:
    Meet at CamRock Sport at 8:30a.
    Coffee, milk and donuts will be provided by CamRock Sport and CORP for a little breakfast action.
    We will divide into groups, grab tools, and head out from there.
    11:30ish- Lunch/Snack will be provided trailside by CamRock Sport.
    11:30ish -2:30ish. Complete projects started in the am.
    2:30 Time to Ride! Lets have a great group ride and enjoy the fruits of our labor.
    4p. Be back at CamRock Sport for brats, burgers, beers and some good 'ol BS. Again provided by CamRock Sport. Time to kick back and hang with your fellow mountain bikers. Plan your adventures for the upcoming year. Talk about tales of the past. All the good stuff.
    Hope to see you there. Bring the family! Mine will be there.

Things you should bring: Good sturdy footwear. A good pair of gloves. Clothing that you can get dirty. We are working in the dirt and the woods after all ;)
    As always, if you have to come later, or leave earlier, please don't sweat it. We will get you steered to a crew. We appreciate any and all help you can give.
    Any questions give me a call at 7:SEVEN:2 7:EIGHT EIGHT:3. Or send me a PM on this here CORP site.

~ Chuck Hutchens

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:45 PM by TheMayor1 »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

April 06, 2015, 02:20 PM

Note the date change. I hope it does not mess up folks plans. But family emergencies at the Hutchens' Haus necessitate the change.
    Hope to see you on the 18th!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    g
    And last but not least.......

April 06, 2015, 03:20 PM

Note the date change. I hope it does not mess up folks plans. But family emergencies at the Hutchens' Haus necessitate the change.
    Looks to be the date of Dairy Roubaix.  Not sure how much it will effect turnout but thought I would mention it.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

April 06, 2015, 11:44 PM

Looks to be the date of Dairy Roubaix.  Not sure how much it will effect turnout but thought I would mention it.
    G I did not know that. But I hope it doesn't affect most folks. I would hate to delay it further.
    My dad is in the hospital (I watched the game from the hospital in Amery tonight) and Janet's Mom is now having surgery on Thursday. No way I can be ready to run the work day this weekend.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

April 17, 2015, 11:37 AM

If you have tools for working in the dirt, please bring them in case we run short. Tools for cutting through sod and grass will be needed as well.

If anyone is coming from Quarry and could bring tools, that would be greatly appreciated. Rogue Hoes, and Pulaskis are mostly needed. For some reason we only have 1 Pulaski at CamRock.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

April 17, 2015, 03:53 PM

chuck, checking with Jeff on the quarry ridge tools.

Also, I've never done a work day here that started at CR café, usually parked at shelter3.  Is the thought of bringing the bike so we can bike from CR café out to the trails we'll be working on?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

April 17, 2015, 04:33 PM

Thanks for looking into that Wade. Much appreciated. Let me know what you get figured out.
    We will carpool out to the area we will be working at. The idea of bringing a bike is to hopefully get a ride in afterward to enjoy what we have worked hard on. The schedule has us wrapping up at 2:30. Going for a ride. Then heading back to CamRock Sport for some free food and beer.
    I can't wait to get to that part of the day tomorrow. That beer is going to taste very good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

April 17, 2015, 07:07 PM

It's not often I say it this time of year, but I am glad it's going to be a bit cooler tomorrow. It should be perfect for getting some good work done. It's a bit hot out today for doing actual work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ Chuck Hutchens