•  

7/13/15 Storm

July 14, 2015, 07:02 AM

I will walk my area (Beer Run) tonight and check for damage.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 14, 2015, 07:44 AM

Thanks Mike! And thanks for starting this thread. Please post up folks if you can get out and check the trails. Much appreciated.
    I am out of town until late Wednesday night. And there is damage at my home as well I need to get a handle on. Though thankfully it seems nothing major damaged except some of the kids memories.
    According to information so far, there are a lot of trees down in Rockdale with a couple of car windshields broken, etc, but not much damage in Cambridge. So from that I would expect more damage to the south end of the trails.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

July 14, 2015, 09:57 AM

I ran all the trails this morning.  Large Hickory and oak trees down in Raspberry fields, M9   large oak branch down at area 51, and outer loop to the north.  Plus very southern trail large oak branch at F5. And 2 more branches at H9 and just past H10.  I was able to move the rest of the stuff by hand but I didn't run with my chain saw.  The 2 in raspberry fields will be a big clean up.   I am happy to help  262-719-7393 cell

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 14, 2015, 11:06 AM

I ran all the trails this morning.  Large Hickory and oak trees down in Raspberry fields, M9   large oak branch down at area 51, and outer loop to the north.  Plus very southern trail large oak branch at F5. And 2 more branches at H9 and just past H10.  I was able to move the rest of the stuff by hand but I didn't run with my chain saw.  The 2 in raspberry fields will be a big clean up.   I am happy to help  262-719-7393 cell
    Thanks for the report. The details and locations are exactly what we need!
    We should be in touch. Sounds like a lot of clean up.
    There is also a tree down at the north end of Beaver Hole.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

July 14, 2015, 11:44 AM

If somebody's out with a chainsaw I can help.  Text me 608-295-0346     Mike

XXX

July 14, 2015, 02:30 PM

I dont own a chainsaw but would love to help in some way.  I'm available Tuesday and Wedensday evening.  Matt 608-345-6528 cell

XXX
    Dave Reece
    Trail Steward | Battle of CamRock Race Conductor
    Trail Steward

July 14, 2015, 02:58 PM

I will be out there this afternoon maybe 4ish? Will start at Rockdale and work north. If your out there look for the white Dodge Ram or call me @ 60ate-2ate6-9ate28

Dave

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

~ Cheers!

Dave Reece
    Camrock Trail Crew

XXX
    Dave Reece
    Trail Steward

July 15, 2015, 09:23 AM

Mike and I cleared the trees at Beer Run and Raspberry Fields last night. We also mowed and cleared the trail from the bottom of Mayors PG to Rip n Ride.
    I'm going to ride/cut the rest of the mess tonight

~ Cheers!

Dave Reece
    Camrock Trail Crew

XXX

July 15, 2015, 09:52 AM

I plan on using the string trimmer Wed after 5:30 on the Beer Run area.

If you need a hand Dave you can find me in that area -  608-295-0346

Mike

XXX
    Dave Reece
    Trail Steward

July 15, 2015, 11:21 AM

Mike
    I will leave the trimmers in the garage. I plan on mowing Beaver Hole section and clearing a tree there.  Then will clear IMBA and Outback.

~ Cheers!

Dave Reece
    Camrock Trail Crew

XXX
    Dave Reece
    Trail Steward

July 16, 2015, 09:33 AM

Mike
    I will leave the trimmers in the garage. I plan on mowing Beaver Hole section and clearing a tree there.  Then will clear IMBA and Outback.

Mike Repyak and I cleared and mowed Beaver Hole section last night. Still some small wood in Corkscrew, IMBA and Outback.

~ Cheers!

Dave Reece
    Camrock Trail Crew

XXX

July 16, 2015, 11:31 AM

I cleared 2 trees from IMBA and the 3rd one I got to the point people can carry their bikes over. We will need to chainsaw the rest. Located on the first little uphill switchback.  There is one laying about 2/3 over the trail about knee height on Veritas about 1/3 of the way through.  Not sure if that one just slid down the bank because the end of it had been cut. One swipe with the chainsaw would take care of it.  I cleared 1 tree from the Outback. There is one laying maybe 50 yards past the boy scout bridge that you can ride over but is at an angle to the trail that doesn't make it ideal.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 16, 2015, 11:43 AM

I just got off the trail. Rode every inch of it to scout things out. You guys have been doing a ton of great work to get the trail whipped back into shape! There is evidence of it all over the place. If you see Dave Reece, Mike Pett, or Mike Repyak, buy them a beer!
    I cleared a couple of smaller trees with my fold up saw on Corkscrew and Rattlesnake. Threw a few other branches off the trail.
    Really the trails are in pretty nice shape. The only tree across the trail is on IMBA Infuence. It is on the uphill turn Thom mentioned. It is easy to get over. Most the the branches have been trimmed off. The only caution to me is the one Thom mentioned on Veritas. It is on a fast section of trail after a corner and is partially obstructing the trail.
    NO reason not to get out and ride. Better yet grab those sticks that bother you and throw them off the trail. Or bring a pair if hand snips as there are a few new things hanging on the trail as well.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 22, 2015, 11:58 PM

So I got to ride a good bit of the trail today whilst coaching the next generation of rippers on the CamRock Climbers team.
    The trails are in fantastic shape! Nice job out there. And obviously there have been a number of folks even going through and getting rid of the thousands of sticks and branches on the trail.
    I even saw Thom out there getting rid of that problematic tree on Veritas that was part-way across the trail.
    It is time to ride and enjoy your efforts everyone!  ;D 8)

~ Chuck Hutchens