•  

Epic Adventures Mountain Bike Festival - Aug 17-19

Colin519

March 10, 2012, 12:48 AM

I met these guys at CanoeCopia on Friday night, and told them I would put a few post up on this site, maybe getting some people interested in doing the 8 hour endurance race.  I guess the numbers have been really low the last few years.  Only 25 total people did the race last year.  Anywhere here is some info on it.

http://epicmtbfestival.com/index.html

Looking for a challenge?  Looking for fun?  Looking for a bit of nostaglia?  Looking for a something to do with a couple of good friends?  Looking for a great weekend?  Looking for a great memory?  Looking for something truly EPIC?

Welcome to the Epic Adventures Mountain Bike Festival, a weekend devoted to the mountain bike and all its glory.

The Epic Adventures Mountain Bike Festival has it all!

Schedule

Friday, August 17 - Pump Track/Dirt Jump Jam Session - 6:00 p.m.

What better way to start a weekend, than with a evening of pumping and jumping.  Basically a Meet & Greet/Weekend Opener/Tailgate Party to experience some pumps and jumps.

Saturday, August 18 - "8-Hour Enduro" Event - 11 a.m.

The showcase of the festival is a grueling "8-Hour Enduro", a throw-back to the early days of mountain biking on a old-school, tight, twisty and technical trail.  The perfect mix of single-track, double-track, climbing and descending for just the right mix of pleasure and pain.
    Enter as either a Solo rider or as a Team (maximum 4 riders).  Choose from either the Advanced Loop (8.5 km) or the Novice Loop (4.5 km).

***New for 2012 - Cash Prize - Top Male/Top Female (if 50 or more riders participate)***

Sunday, August 19 - "Last Man/Woman Standing" Event - 1:00 p.m.

This is a new event which combines the elements of a Short Track Cross-Country race and a Crit Race found in Road Cycling.  Basically riders will complete as many laps around a short 1 km loop (mostly double track to allow for passing) as possible.  Any rider that is lapped is eliminated, the competition continues until only 1 rider is left on the course.