•  

Quarry Ridge - Weekly Social Ride - Wednesdays at 6 pm

August 06, 2013, 09:39 PM

This post announces a weekly group ride at Quarry Ridge. The ride will be Wednesdays at 6 pm. Meet at the parking lot. All riders welcome.

The parking lot is located here: http://tinyurl.com/msfxnks
    You can learn more about the trail here: http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?topic=1287.0

There will probably be a mix of riders and probably different groups hitting the trails, followed by important discussions about beer and bikes.

The first (official) ride will be 8/14/13 and continue until winter stops the event (and continue all winter on snow bikes?). The ride is cancelled if the trail status indicates the trail is closed. Otherwise, someone should be there to meet everyone and start the ride.

1-2 rides a month will be preceded or followed by an hour of trail work to keep the trails in excellent shape. These work and ride nights will be announced in advance on the forum.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:34 PM by jeffb »

XXX

August 06, 2013, 09:47 PM

can we get a google maps link to the location for this for those who are not already familiar with how to locate the park? Just one more small detail as a relative newbie to the forum who knows what all the local trail locations are called, but dont know where they are yet (other than Camrock).

XXX

August 07, 2013, 08:58 AM

Here is the trail info with google map to the park.  You can also find the info for other trails in the "Trails" tab at the top of the page.

http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?topic=1287.0

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:32 AM by enemyben »

XXX

August 07, 2013, 01:20 PM

I'll be there for the first ride on August 14th,  I'll try to bring in a few new (non CORP) mountain bikers too.  Jeff, next time you are out maybe you could post a few flyers on or near the trail?  There are so many people that do quick rides out there solo- this would be a good way for those riders to connect a... maybe even draw in some new CORP members.

I see new people out there often, and they are usually all solo.

XXX

August 07, 2013, 01:52 PM

Jeff, next time you are out maybe you could post a few flyers on or near the trail?  There are so many people that do quick rides out there solo- this would be a good way for those riders to connect a... maybe even draw in some new CORP members.

+1

It would be nice if there was a place out there to hang a flyer or two and advertive the group rides, workdays and CORP stuff in general. I'm sure there are people who ride there that are not on this site. Since some come by car and some ride out, placing something out on the trail would probably be best. For now, maybe just hang something on a couple of the existing trail signs? I'm heading out of town tomorrow for a long weekend or I'd offer help/do it. 

XXX

August 07, 2013, 02:21 PM

If someone creates the sign, I can laminate it - keep it from the elements for a while.  Shoot me a pdf.

~ Burn rubber

XXX

August 07, 2013, 04:04 PM

If someone creates the sign, I can laminate it - keep it from the elements for a while.  Shoot me a pdf.

Send me info and I can whip something up (see the PV ad/sign or BoC poster/shirt).

XXX

August 08, 2013, 06:27 AM

If the Seminole trail becomes reality I am sure most quarry ridge riders would have a strong interest in helping (the trail systems would be sooo close).  The signage thing and wed. ride would be great ways to find additional help for that trail system in the future ;).

XXX

August 08, 2013, 09:51 PM

I'm going to print off a few informational signs. It's been on my list for a while. I'll put them in a plastic case for now.

I'm not making any official signs until we completely re-sign the place including kiosks. The City will pay for it. I need helpers to make it happen. Coming soon...

XXX

August 09, 2013, 06:45 AM

I have a neighbor that works at a sign shop... looking forward to Wed QR ride.

XXX

August 09, 2013, 08:21 AM

bring some corpfest flyers too?  I can print some

I'll be there for the first ride on August 14th,  I'll try to bring in a few new (non CORP) mountain bikers too.  Jeff, next time you are out maybe you could post a few flyers on or near the trail?  There are so many people that do quick rides out there solo- this would be a good way for those riders to connect a... maybe even draw in some new CORP members.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 11, 2013, 08:39 AM

I will be riding out from the west side; Anyone who wants to avoid the traffic on Verona Rd (which is only going to get worse when they close Seminole Highway this week) should join me.  I will be at Quarry Park about 5:00 and head to QR between 5:15 and 5:30.

Jon

XXX

August 21, 2013, 11:23 AM

In Jeff's absense this week I'll be leading the group ride tonight at QR.  Look for me on the black and red fat bike.  See you at 6pm.
    -Wade

XXX

August 21, 2013, 05:22 PM

I'll be there tonight to chase Wade.  Look for a guy wrestling a savage dog on the trail.

XXX

August 26, 2013, 09:12 PM

The ride on 8/28 is on. It will be hot. I originally was thinking of doing some trail work (removing all those annoying little stumps) along with the ride, but given the hot weather, we will skip trail work for a week or two until the weather cools off a bit.

See you out there.