•  

construction??

blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

June 24, 2015, 01:20 PM

Was out riding today and there was a group of 15-20 people in construction vests and hardhats, with clipboards and walkie talkies, walking around in the trails.  What's going on?  Is the new construction going to rip into the trails?

(also posted to facebook)

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

June 24, 2015, 01:37 PM

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

June 24, 2015, 02:01 PM

Ah, I had not seen that thread.  Yes.  The were walking well down the water front trail (backwards from the concrete bridge) - quite a ways from the edge of the trail where the land preparation has been going on.  If they're going to do work as far down as they were walking, I'd guess there's going to be significant trail impact.  Whether temporarily or permanently I don't know.

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

June 24, 2015, 02:55 PM

I found a plan for the development on the city's website. It shows a storm sewer line from the development to the pond.

http://www.fitchburgwi.gov/2262/12545/Quarry-Vista-Plat?activeLiveTab=widgets

Based on that and the stakes out there, it looks like it crosses the trail in at least 3 locations and if I recall one stake, fairly close to the trail, was marking proposed manhole, so yes there will certainly be some impacts. I'm pretty sure Jeff is aware of this but I'll check with him to see if he knows a schedule. If they are starting soon it would be nice to get some signage out there to warn riders.