•  

Mini Skid Steer Training Session for CORP Stewards

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 14, 2013, 11:25 AM

Dewayne,

In talking to Tom Harron yesterday I think we have the perfect project for a weekend of training. For both the WORS Battle of CamRock and the WEMS Pitch Black Single Track races we use a section of the Cliff Edge trail. We run a built uphill section in reverse to get down this steep and rocky hill and avoid having trails crossing.

For the levels of riders on this trail we should build a proper wide benched trail section. This would involve rebuilding that section of trail. Some traffic/speed controlling features would also be involved. Also depending with the Roundabout being moved to accommodate the new bridge the routing will either involve adding a new section of trail or rebuilding a climbing turn.

The dates I see available on the calendar are April 13th, May 11th, or June 1st. My only worry now is that the trails might not be ready for work yet for the April 6th CamRock Spring Fling trail improvement weekend. We need some heat soon to melt snow and thaw ground. I cant even see the trails yet to do an evaluation! It would need to get done before the WORS race on June 16th. This would really improve the course for the race and eliminate a worry spot for the less skilled riders on the course. It would also repair a part of the trail currently in sore need of attention.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

March 14, 2013, 12:12 PM

I agree that this would be an excellent project for improvement. I know Dave Reece had some ideas for the Cliff Edge trail. Maybe his ideas and repairing the Bob Sled Run could be added if there is time.
    XXX

March 14, 2013, 01:13 PM

^Yes! I remember that section being particularly tricky as well as not exactly in the greatest shape after the race.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 14, 2013, 01:26 PM

^ If it works out that could be a Cliff Edge Improvement Weekend. We all know it could use some love. Though some of us like some trails to be little rough around the edges. I like to Refer to it as a rustic trail ;)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    dburatti
    Builder of trails. Rider of bikes.

March 14, 2013, 02:26 PM

Dewayne,

In talking to Tom Harron yesterday I think we have the perfect project for a weekend of training.  <snip>

The dates I see available on the calendar are April 13th, May 11th, or June 1st. My only worry now is that the trails might not be ready for work yet for the April 6th CamRock Spring Fling trail improvement weekend.

I agree that early April is iffy concerning weather and trail conditions.  Seemingly, May 11 would be the best date, as it would allow the new trail to be "ridden in" a bit before the race v. the June 1 date.  Furthermore, I will be traveling May 25 - June 3.

FYI, the original dates chosen by Tom Holaday for QR have to be changed due to a personal issue I have.  He knows of this and is working on the dates.

D

~ I love my job!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 14, 2013, 07:56 PM

Sounds like May 11th is the weekend. PI will get it on my calendar.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 14, 2013, 08:01 PM

Sounds like May 11th is the weekend. PI will get it on my calendar.
    I just realized that Sunday the 12th is Mothers Day! Gotta pay attention to that. And the kids have a concert at church.
    Maybe we can get things done on Saturday. Or maybe I will beg out for Sunday morning.

~ Chuck Hutchens