•  

Rural Dane County Off-Road Ride.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

October 11, 2015, 09:29 AM

Dan who joined our brewery events and September meeting asked me to post the ride he's hosting. Dan hosts motorcycle, ATV and UTV rides and thinks his course would make a nice adventure ride for bicycles the days following motorized rides. Dan's hope is this could evolve and something along the lines of other not exactly mountain biking rides that occur. The start point can be pedaled to from the Capital Brewery.

Disclosure: This is not sanctioned by CORP or any of our sponsors.

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

October 25, 2015, 08:15 AM

Did anyone do this ride?
    How was it?
    Curious because I noticed he doing it again on the 8th.
    Is it worth doing???

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX

October 25, 2015, 09:37 AM

I'm similarly curious.

XXX
    nor
    Trail Steward - Cross Plains
    Trail Steward

October 26, 2015, 09:30 AM

Its free and its a bike ride.  Im going to check it out. Others have said it was fun.

~ crushing it

XXX

October 29, 2015, 08:33 AM

Received the message below from the MADCROSS email list. Looks like fun.

"Myself, Lee Unwin, and some of the Fitchburg Night Riders took part in this inaugural adventure of a ride! Fat bikes, 29er's, and myself on a CX bike with 28's (I highly recommend something wider... and with front shocks) traversed this cross country terrain consisting of cornfields, tractor and ATV paths, woods, etc. on a beautiful Sunday morning and survived with dust-covered smiles had by all!!  Great training for MTB and CX racers!!  Great food and camaraderie after ward!  Please be sure to RSVP to Dan Fargen for the Nov. 8 adventure!!!"

XXX

November 01, 2015, 10:50 AM

I talked to Dan about this and Julie and I figured we should check it out.  It sounds like a great opportunity to ride on some trails that we would normally never have the opportunity to ride. 

Dan indicated he only had around 30 people expressing interest as of yesterday!