•  

Bike Week Ride 6/8

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 29, 2016, 08:03 AM

Wednesday June 8 we are hosting a ride as a part of the Bike Fed's Bike Week at Quarry Ridge.  It can be as simple as a group ride, but we are encouraging people, in the spirit of Bike Week, to ride to the trail.  If folks are interested in leading a meet-up somewhere in town, it would be cool to have a bunch of groups converging on the trail.  We could also use a couple more volunteers to be ride leaders at the trail.  No reason you can't do both.  Let me know if you can help.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 05, 2016, 09:46 PM

This ride is on, 6:00 on Wednesday June 8.  We'll have the tent set up at the Military Ridge entrance; by the tool box at the northern corner of the park.  Our friends at the Capital Brewery are sending over some refreshments.  Remember it is Bike Week, so grab your friends and ride to the trail; it's easy from almost anywhere.

XXX

June 06, 2016, 03:06 PM

FYI the email I received last night (6/5) regarding this event says the ride takes place at Quarry Park, perhaps a clarification email is in order?

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 06, 2016, 05:50 PM

It is definitely at Quarry Ridge.  I am working on broadcasting a correction; sorry for the confusion.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 07, 2016, 08:23 PM

The trails are fast (thanks to the weather) and well trimmed (thanks to a bunch of folks out there tonight, some of whom I know are on at least their second volunteer effort of the week), and the weather looks to be perfect.  No good reason not to be out there.  No need to be there right at 6:00; groups will be coming and going all evening.

XXX

June 08, 2016, 03:13 PM

I'm a newbie, how much are you asking for the suds?

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 08, 2016, 04:43 PM

They are complementary if you are a CORP member. They are also complementary if you aren't, but they are more complementary if you are. 

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 08, 2016, 09:55 PM

They are complementary if you are a CORP member. They are also complementary if you aren't, but they are more complementary if you are.

Thank you hosts, and thank you Capital Brewery.

XXX

June 09, 2016, 08:17 AM

I had great fun riding and hanging out with everyone!  Thanks to all that made it happen!   

XXX

June 09, 2016, 09:48 PM

I vote for having a big group ride like this at least once a month. It was a lot of fun to ride with people I never usually get to ride with and instead of just making the suggestion I'm also happy to help make this happen.

XXX

June 10, 2016, 11:53 AM

Seconded.

Perhaps we could have a weekend group ride once in a while as well.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 14, 2016, 10:19 PM

That was a great ride; thanks to all who came out, Trail This and Revolution for their support, and Capital Brewery for the beer.

As far as making it happen again in the future, go for it.  All you really need to is announce it and hope people show up.  I definitely don't have the secret to success*; I've hosted as many one-person group rides as I have multi-person ones.  But if you have questions or want advice, I am happy to do what I can.

*Free beer seems to help.