•  

Trail Update

July 27, 2015, 06:18 PM

FYI, just back from a ride and there are several deadfalls blocking the Pleasant View trail. Details follow:

First wood stand had a tree blocking the full width of the trail and a second partial blockage, by a sharp limb.
    Further out, past the rock bridge, a larger tree deadfall has occurred.

All can be navigated by scrambling on foot, or by skilled trials riders, which is not me.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

July 27, 2015, 06:55 PM

FYI, just back from a ride and there are several deadfalls blocking the Pleasant View trail. Details follow:

First wood stand had a tree blocking the full width of the trail and a second partial blockage, by a sharp limb.
    Further out, past the rock bridge, a larger tree deadfall has occurred.

All can be navigated by scrambling on foot, or by skilled trials riders, which is not me.

Hi,

We're aware. The city will help some and we need volunteers Tuesday evening if that's just wheels on dirt.

Thank you.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

July 28, 2015, 10:26 PM

Thanks Jeremiah for giving Pleasant View a hair cut. You’re right. “A really nice person would rake the trails now.”.

More tree work should be done this week and volunteers are welcome.

Everyone put Aug 6-9 on your calendar as tentative dates to help finish a few more miles of new trail - stay tuned.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 01, 2015, 01:51 PM

I trimmed everything this morning until you go into the woods the last time (not very overgrown back there), so between that and last Tuesday we are in decent shape.  If someone had an hour or so, it would be good to rake the prairie sections; I think that would work better than a leaf blower.  Either way, you should bring your own; there are some garden rakes in the shed, but no lawn rakes and no blower.