July 15, 2016, 03:17 PM

Hey, thanks for the info, Chuck!

8)

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 28, 2016, 10:40 AM

Just an FYI. The CamRock Climbers Mountain Bike Team is having a Trail Maintenance Day at CamRock Saturday. We will have most of the equipment tied up from about 9:30 until mid-afternoon on Saturday. We will be working out of the CamRock I area, maintaining some sections of Fat Tracks and possibly Beaver Hole.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

September 12, 2016, 02:18 PM

Well it has been a challenging summer. Lots of rain and heat means lots of growth. And lots of challenges keeping equipment working. But we got through it for better or worse. Now it is fall. Some areas need a good trim for the awesome fall riding ahead. Luckily any mowing and trimming done now should be it for the year! Little to no growth will happen yet this year. The wooded sections will need a quick leaf blowing a time or two later this year. Make sure you trim back the real tall stuff so it can't fall onto the trail. That is the most likely culprit this time of year as things die off.

This is what I saw from my rides this weekend. Let me know if this seems off. Or just tell me I'm off. Or if things have changed and I am not aware of it.

Trail Sections                                                  General Idea on Maintenance Needs
    White River and Beaver Hole - White River could use a trim. Beaver Hole needs a mow and trim. The tall nettles need trimming back. Sun Prairie
    Fat Tracks - In really good shape  CamRock Climbers
    IMBA Influence and Veritas Loop - A little trimming for a couple of face-slappers  Thom Hineline
    Area 51 and Outback - Worst section is the rollers and berm section at the beginning of Outback. Weed whacker trimming and lopping.  Thom Hineline
    CORP Connector: From Expert woods south through Rip N' Ride to Roundabout - Needs some trimming. The usual suspects. You've done a great job this year Jeff! Jeff Mueller
    CORP Connector: From Roundabout north through Burr Oak Breezeway to Expert Woods - Could use a mow and a trimmin layback. Scott Mills
    Cliff Edge - Mowing with weed whacker. Some lopping. Leaves in fall. Open.
    Turn It Up, Stonefly, Corkscrew, Rattlesnake. - Minimal trimming. A ride with a pair of hand snips to get any face or arm-slappers would do the trick. More in the Corkscrew/Ratlesnake area. Get ready for leaf blowing!  Dan Taitt
    Would Chuck? & Mayors Meander - The only area is the Sumac tunnel on Would Chuck? The pine trees need trimming as the tunnel is getting very low. And If I am hitting branches the tall guys are having a heck of a time! A small hand saw of the loppers should do the trick. Awesome job jumping in this year! You've done a great job. Camp 10
    Beer Run, Beer Cave, Gettin' Started and Drop In - Needs some trimming. Pete Sonnentag

If anyone has any questions or needs help with your section of trail, please post up, PM me, or call or text at 7:SEVEN:2 7:EIGHT EIGHT:3. We will find the help needed to get things taken care of.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 19, 2016, 01:28 PM

A bit puzzled as not many of the normally spot-on Trail Posse reacted to the needs of the trail late summer and early fall? I figured with all the rain and lack of riding opportunities there would be a lot of action to get the trails ready for when the weather improved. Anyway, I got out and spent about six hours over three days getting the trails along the creek whipped into shape, so they are ready to go until spring. Here is what I see now and soon to come.

Trail Sections                                                  General Idea on Maintenance Needs

White River and Beaver Hole - Great shape. Best of the year. Sun Prairie
    Fat Tracks - In really good shape  CamRock Climbers
    IMBA Influence and Veritas Loop - A little trimming for a couple of face-slappers. Will need blowing in a couple of weeks.   Thom Hineline
    Area 51 and Outback - Worst section is the rollers and berm section at the beginning of Outback. Weed whacker trimming and lopping. Will need blowing in a couple of weeks. Thom Hineline
    CORP Connector: From Expert woods south through Rip N' Ride to Roundabout - Needs a little trimming for face slappers. The usual suspects. You've done a great job this year Jeff! Will need blowing in a couple of weeks. Jeff Mueller
    CORP Connector: From Roundabout north through Burr Oak Breezeway to Expert Woods - Thanks for getting this trimmed up Scott. It looks great! Will need blowing in a couple of weeks.  Scott Mills
    Cliff Edge - Mowing with weed whacker. Some lopping. Leaves in fall. Open. Needs love and someone to take care of it.
    Turn It Up, Stonefly, Corkscrew, Rattlesnake. - Minimal trimming. A ride with a pair of hand snips to get any face or arm-slappers would do the trick. More in the Corkscrew/Ratlesnake area. Will need blowing in a couple of weeks.  Dan Taitt
    Would Chuck? & Mayors Meander - With the warm weather these have grown to where they could use a quick mow. The trails is "wandering" in places as the grass gets taller. Awesome job jumping in this year! You've done a great job. Camp 10
    Beer Run, Beer Cave, Gettin' Started and Drop In - Needs some trimming. Leaf blowing soon. Pete Sonnentag

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

October 23, 2016, 06:14 PM

Would Chuck? & Mayors Meander - With the warm weather these have grown to where they could use a quick mow. The trails is "wandering" in places as the grass gets taller. Awesome job jumping in this year! You've done a great job. Camp 10

Thanks for letting me know.  Mowed them this morning. 

Glad to help.  I could take those sections next year.  It works out pretty well, since I have a pickup to pull the trailer to the other side of the park.

-Larry

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 23, 2016, 11:45 PM

Thanks for letting me know.  Mowed them this morning. 

Glad to help.  I could take those sections next year.  It works out pretty well, since I have a pickup to pull the trailer to the other side of the park.

-Larry
    Thanks a bunch Larry. If 1/2 the riders on our trails had this same attitude and willingness to help out, we would have perfectly maintained trails all the time, and four times as many trails to ride!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

November 04, 2016, 09:39 PM

Well folks no matter what this awesome warm weather says it is deep fall. The leaves on the trail are deep. Odds are a month from now we are riding on snow. It is time to get those leaves off the trail. They are now keeping the trails wet for much longer periods, and will have the same effect on the spring thaw. They also make riding now less fun. Please remember to also clean out anywhere the water is trying to get off the trail, particularly drains. A pile of leaves will stop the water moving, therefore dropping soil, and soon enough plugging up the drain.

This is what I saw from my ride this week. Let me know if this seems off. Or just tell me I'm off. Or if things have changed and I am not aware of it.

White River and Beaver Hole - All trimmed and in great shape. White River could use leaf blowing. Sun Prairie
    Fat Tracks - Leaf blowing CamRock Climbers
    IMBA Influence and Veritas Loop - Leaf blowing Thom Hineline
    Area 51 and Outback - Beginning of Outback still needs trimming. Nasty weeds are falling onto trail with weed seeds. Leaf blowing. Thom Hineline
    CORP Connector: From Expert woods south through Rip N' Ride to Roundabout - Middle wooded section could use a blow.  Jeff Mueller
    CORP Connector: From Roundabout north through Burr Oak Breezeway to Expert Woods - Done and in great shape. Thanks Scott! Scott Mills
    Cliff Edge - Mowing with weed whacker. Some lopping. Leaves in fall. Open.
    Turn It Up, Stonefly, Corkscrew, Rattlesnake. - Perfect! Thanks Dan. Dan Taitt
    Would Chuck? & Mayors Meander - Good to go!  Camp 10
    Beer Run, Beer Cave, Gettin' Started and Drop In - Leaf blowing Pete Sonnentag

If anyone has any questions or needs help with your section of trail, please post up, PM me, or call or text at 7:SEVEN:2 7:EIGHT EIGHT:3. We will find the help needed to get things taken care of.
    [/quote]

~ Chuck Hutchens

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:23 PM by TheMayor1 »

XXX

November 06, 2016, 12:10 PM

Turn It Up, Stonefly, Corkscrew, Rattlesnake: Done!

Nice weather predicted for the next week or so... get out & Ride!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

November 06, 2016, 11:21 PM

Turn It Up, Stonefly, Corkscrew, Rattlesnake: Done!

Nice weather predicted for the next week or so... get out & Ride!
    Awesome job getting right to it Dan. Looks awesome and it was fun to ride leaf-free trails tonight. Thanks!
    I also see that Scott got out and took care of the northbound CORP Connector. Again, awesome work!
    Thanks for all you do to make the CamRock trails great for everyone.

~ Chuck Hutchens