•  

BH Trail Status & Trail Posse Updates.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 10, 2014, 11:37 AM

Flow Motion and the top of Upper Downer are in great shape with recent dirt fixes and trimming.

Kevin trimmed Deer Run on Sunday. Thanks Kevin!

Ride Upper Downer! We're seeing people ride their bikes up the gravel road when there's a great new trail just west. Walter helped me finish the third berm Sunday. Thanks Walt!

Jeff and BJ from Saris are leading work on the kids instruction area. They'd love more help. Jeff has been doing this on Thursdays before and after the 6 PM kids classes.

I ran out of daylight last night so we still need trimming between end of the gulley and the lower part of Upper Downer. It would be really sweet if someone can pick up where I left off before the kids' classes on Thursday.

Link to trail tools info:

http://blackhawktrails.blogspot.com/2014/06/trail-tools.html

Link to trail map:

http://www.blackhawkskiclub.org/wp-content/uploads/BH-Trail-060414.jpg

Don't forget the trail open house 6/22.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:47 PM by augs »

XXX

June 10, 2014, 08:48 PM

Had a chance earlier to trim westside and parts of lower upper downer.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 20, 2014, 06:51 AM

I trimmed the Island, Back Home, The Loop, and the little rock garden by the big ski jump, which seemed to me to be in the worst shape.  I did not have much time to rake and /or  blow debris off, both from what I cut and from the storms and rain of the past week, so if you get a chance, that is what is needed, most everywhere.

The trails were, for the most part, slick but hard, so if we get a day without rain, they should be rideable.

Jon

XXX

June 28, 2014, 08:29 AM

Trimmed bottom half of flow trail but snapped blades off the trimmer and had to leave so didn't have time to replace them.

XXX

July 01, 2014, 03:00 PM

Thanks whoever changed the blades on trimmer. I Was able to finish trimming on flow trail and Gulley on west side of road. Careful in the gulley when it finally dries out.
    What happen to the gate?

XXX

July 03, 2014, 11:38 AM

flow trail trimmed top to bottom now and got rid of a couple down trees. left the trimmings where they fell so it could use a pass with the blower. trails seemed in decent shape yesterday with a few slick areas in some of the berms (but a mechanical on lap one kept me off most of them).

XXX

July 06, 2014, 09:32 AM

I trimmed westside, the end of rock and roll where it dumps out to the road, and half of the Loop. Craig

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 06, 2014, 10:19 PM

Thanks, you guys.  I did some trimming and mowing around the East Chalet, and got the down tree off the Loop.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 09, 2014, 09:33 PM

More thanks.

I was able to trim and fix up a lot of the west side between dinner and dark.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 10, 2014, 09:10 AM

I was doing trail work and prep for last session 1 kids class and thought I should point out the trails were either dry or anything sticky was of the type that's bad a$$ fast or lets you get 90 deg sideways on the berms!

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 15, 2014, 10:56 PM

I plan on spending the better part of Saturday working and riding.  Trimming what hasn't been hit recently (Switchbacks, Deer Run, The Island) and then probably working near the East Chalet; hopefully trying to get the new lesson area in the pines fully rideable, then maybe some other improvements.  Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 20, 2014, 05:18 PM

Thanks Amy Lynn & Jon!

On Saturday we got a lot of mowing, trimming, cutting, and digging done all over.

Step 1: Shuttle dirt.
    Step 2: Shape dirt.
    Step 3: Stop sitting at a computer, join Blackhawk if you're not a member ($25), go ride.

I didn't like one of our attempts to get water off of Flow Motion so here's rev B.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

August 05, 2014, 12:09 PM

What happen to the gate?

Someone was driving a pickup truck all over and doing vandalism that included driving up one of the jump outruns damaging the plastic matting. Someone else closed the gate and called the police. The police were delayed and they started ramming the gate with the back of their truck. Damage was done to front of truck when they drove over it incl leaving more parts to tell the story.

The damage was well beyond the gate because of the special care needed for ski jumping outruns, and the plastic matting that allows summer jumping.

It would be helpful if anyone with knowledge speaks up, and wise for the individual or individuals who did it to come forward because because the police have parts of the truck, are working with body shops, and some photos were taken by the individual who called 911.

IMO it would be wise for the person or persons who did it to speak up because of the evidence they left.

XXX

August 28, 2014, 01:55 PM

moved a down tree on flow trail and trimmed around the top 3 jumps. Trails rode fine yesterday but there are a few muddy spots and overgrown sections. I'm planning on some trimming and work on jumps next week

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

October 21, 2014, 08:08 AM

The John Deere 27D mini excavator should arrive this week and Chad will try to finish stage one pines work for the community MTB party this weekend. That will most likely be Saturday. If anyone can help we'll have a new loop completed on time for the party and a month or more of riding before snow.

I started leaf blowing and some general trail fixes. The blower and a full tank of mixed gas are ready.

The not so secrets to Blackhawk tools and trails:

http://blackhawktrails.blogspot.com/2014/06/trail-tools.html
    http://www.blackhawkskiclub.org/wp-content/uploads/BH-Trail-060414.jpg

The areas with recent blowing are “The Loop”, “Geezer Gulch”, the gully side of “Back Home” and part of the way up “Gully Downhill". It would be nice to have Deer Run, east, west and front side by the ski jumps (Back Home, Rock and Roll) done by the party. Mowing for winter prep might have Upper Downer trail covered.

Send questions and suggestions to bike at blackhawkskiclub dot org.

Thanks for your help.