•  

Construction Impact

October 29, 2016, 07:32 PM

A quick heads up, if you are planning to ride at Blackhawk. Construction on the western most ski slope has impacted 35-Up. Approximately half way up, an island of trees has been removed and this work has eliminated the trail for a couple of loops, at least for the time being. It is still possible to ride the trail, bypass the damage and pickup the trail further up the hill. Thought all should know about this issue.

XXX
    Colin519

November 24, 2016, 12:26 AM

I rode there last Wednesday and at the top of the hill near the parking lot there was a giant 4' hole about 75'x50' so getting to the connecting trail you have to walk your bike a good 100'. 

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

November 24, 2016, 06:52 AM

That hole is the foundation for the new West Chalet.  If you are creative, you can ride around that construction, and I think a more direct path may have been cleared, but I heard about that, didn't see it.  Regardless, there is a lot going on in that corner of the property, and things will be changing often, so be aware.  As far as Ziggy/35-up, we'll have to see how the skiers finalize things, then reconstruct in the spring.  For now, until there is snow coverage, pick your way through the carnage.

XXX
    Colin519

November 24, 2016, 10:13 AM

Will there be riding this winter there with the skier's? I don't think there has been in years past... Plus there's pleasant view next door for that.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

November 24, 2016, 07:03 PM

As of now, no.  But negotiations are underway to change that, so stay tuned.