•  

New web site planning.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 11, 2018, 07:39 AM

Blackhawk Ski Club is planning a new web site. Please let us know what we should do to best serve our trail riding, running, class participants, and trail building members.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 11, 2018, 08:30 AM

It seems sort of obvious, but trail conditions should be readily accessible.  Probably in the form of a link to the CORP home page.

XXX

May 11, 2018, 10:59 AM

It may not be as applicable to Blackhawk, being a private, membership only facility, but I think the most important things for any mountain bike trail system website is a good map and current trail conditions.  Both of which should be easily found and accessible.

Our family has planned vacations for the last several years around mountain biking.  It is amazing how many of the "must go" trail systems have terrible maps, no current status on trail conditions, or it is extremely difficult to locate the information.  When trying to plan a trip to far off locations, not being able to easily access this information is incredibly frustrating.  In more than one case for us, this alone has led me to eliminate certain areas from consideration.

On this note, I  think CORP does an exceptional job on this front, perhaps I've been spoiled.