•  

Mark All As Read?

Bin
    aka Ben

April 04, 2017, 02:27 PM

I see that you can mark a topic as read but I can't find a way to mark all messages as read on the new site. I generally go straight to unread posts, read what grabs my interest, then mark all read so the next time I drop by unread just shows me the new stuff. Is that feature still available? If so, how do I access it? If not, can we have it back?

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

April 04, 2017, 09:29 PM

I'm not sure about that. But 'recent posts' should give you similar results.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

April 05, 2017, 03:11 AM

Unfortunately, recent isn't quite the same as unread. Yes that functionality still exists, it just isn't exposed. I'll get it back out there in the not too far future.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 05, 2017, 11:55 AM

Thanks Rick for all the work you do n all the web-techy IT stuff.  I usually browse the same as mentioned above. I found that feature useful as well.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 05, 2017, 12:49 PM

While we are on the techy stuff: Rick I don't see the button that allowed you to skip to the end of a thread, aka the last post on a thread. Is that still available? From Unread posts it can be a lot of work to get to the end of a thread. Some are quite long.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Bin
    aka Ben

April 05, 2017, 01:55 PM

Thanks Rick.

If you need help with the website in the future I'd be happy to pitch in when I can. Web development is my day job.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

April 06, 2017, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the offer, Bin.

Mark all as read still needs some more thought, and I'm out of time for this morning, but the jump to last post button is back. Thanks for mentioning it, I didn't realize how poorly the unread posts section worked without it.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 06, 2017, 08:02 AM

Thanks Rick! Awesome to have the "jump" button back!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

April 07, 2017, 07:55 PM

Ask and ye shall receive. ;D

XXX
    Bin
    aka Ben

April 24, 2017, 04:45 PM

Thank you!