•  

Practicing Drops

Bin
    aka Ben

June 17, 2016, 08:08 AM

As I've posted somewhere on here before, drops are not my strong point.  I love riding at Quarry Ridge but the rocky drop offs used as filters there get in my head. Last night I went for a few laps at Seminole for the first time in quite a while and discovered that the more advanced loop has 2-3 drops (one might be more of a jump than a drop) that are going to be perfect for building confidence.  The big one before the berm is really smooth on both the approach and the landing which helped me go for it much more. 

So if you want to get better at riding drops, I suggest you head for Seminole.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward

June 17, 2016, 11:03 AM

Yes, that's a really fun part of riding at Seminole.

There are a few good spots spread around this area but maybe not so obvious. It's probably time for calling one of our group rides a "skilz ride" as used to be called.

Quarry Park is great for this sort of learning. Deer run at Blackhawk is a bit intimidating for some, but it works best to take the ledge as a drop. A drop at Pleasant View just got bypassed by the new Fairway trail but you can still take it and duck back in the new trail.

One more for this topic is Landowski Trailworx will be constructing an actual learn to jump area as the work continues at Blackhawk this season.

The next brewery ride would be fun as a skills builder more than dividing between faster and slower as it progresses.