•  

Help wanted for new trail grand opening.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

July 12, 2016, 04:30 PM

We got an update from Landowski TrailWorx today.

There have been some unanticipated challenges such as rain, hitting bedrock and needing to bring in jackhammers but the trail expansion should be completed next Friday. What's done is amazing. A few new segments are open to ride.

We need some volunteers to finish things up and get ready for a grand opening.

-Old trail segments need to be closed.
    -Signs need to be installed.
    -More trimming needs to be done (new section east of open meadows).
    -General help with wrapping up and getting the whole area ready to ride.

Please post your willingness to help. Garrett or I will meet you if you need any orientation, and we will coordinate the old trail closings and a few tasks with trail builder Chad.

Thank you.

P.S. If you don't have your Blackhawk membership get it now.

XXX

July 14, 2016, 08:33 PM

I was able to trim the new section east of open meadows. We should be able to see riders coming the other way now.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 19, 2016, 06:27 AM

Thank you John.

I did some more over the weekend, some more tree trimming is done, and some progress with signs.

More sign decals are on order and there are more posts waiting.

Tonight's brewery ride should be great with the bowl area open again. With luck all of the new climb from Blackhawk will be finished.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 25, 2016, 11:55 AM

Chad asked for help today and tomorrow.

1. Seed and spread straw for new berms.
    2. Trail and berm finish work.
    3. Close off old trail segments and direct to new.
    4. Continue cleanup and repair from storm damage (rake, clear trail).
    5. Put in more sign posts.

You'll find Chad working on northwest part of the property mostly likely by the power line corridor. If you reply here or send a private message Trail Steward Garrett and I can help get you set up. We plan on a work and ride session tomorrow.

Thank you.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 29, 2016, 08:58 PM

Like the way that looks? We need help wrapping up the project by Sunday evening.

I'll shuttle tools 9 AM Sat. We'll be working on the north side of red loop here tentatively named slice. Chad will work as much as possible Saturday & Sunday.

P.S. Don't forget the Blackhawk event later on Saturday.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

July 30, 2016, 08:58 AM

Sorry, but I've got an emergency page from work holding me up. Trail builder Chad is working and Garrett will be there at some point this AM - hopefully me in a short bit.

If you head west and to north side of the far woods you'll be at the work site.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

August 01, 2016, 10:54 AM

Chad has requested help and he'll be working until 6 PM. He's building bridges in remote locations and needs a hand getting decking there. There's final dirt finishing where the new loop meets existing trail.

The bridges are at end of amazing new downhill segment and between that segment and  the old horse trail people have used to go between PV and BH.

We're almost there! Please lend a hand if you can.

XXX
    ChadLando
    Trek Trails Coordinator // Landowski Trailworx LLC

August 01, 2016, 07:33 PM

I'll probably be out here until closer to 11pm, working with a generator and lighting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

August 02, 2016, 03:33 PM

Chad's reported the last foot of machine work done and another request for help. He'll be working into this evening.

Let's get this amazing thing done tonight, thank him and wish him well on the next adventure.

Help wanted:

-Carpentry/Bridge work.
    -Walk trails for tools and any items needed to be picked up.
    -Dirt finishing.
    -Storm repair and/or adjustments for new trail being ridden in.

Mosquito protection a must.