•  

The Farm Report

farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

October 23, 2018, 06:14 AM

Went out Sunday and worked on the Bobsled run. It isn't pretty and I don't know if it is sustainable, but it is ridable, barely. It is slower and much more technical, or easier to walk if you choose.  I am open to suggestions on how to move forward and fix the trail. Please feel free to send me comments.

Last night I went out and checked out me work. I was able to ride just about all the way down without unclipping. Biffed it near the bottom, went back and rerode it, then biffed the ending, went and rerode that. Soooo..... it is ridable ;)

As for the rest of the trail, big tree down on the south loop. Might try to get out and take care of that tonight. Spent a lot of time stopping and picking up smaller trash from all the wind (and snow) last saturday. Th good part was all that stopping kept me from getting tired so I had a good ride. Doing my normal full lap plus the south loop backwards, I was able to make every climb  ;D

With all the leaves falling, following the trail was a bit of a challenge even for me. Taking a poll, should I blow them or leave them like I always have other years?

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

October 23, 2018, 09:29 PM

Thanks for the report. Regrettably I haven't ridden there this year, but maybe that's ok since I'm afraid to see what happened to the bobsled run. I'll try to get out there soon.

I'm not sure why you'd change anything with leaf blowing if it's been working. I think the sandy soil might benefit from having the leaf cover over the winter and they never really get ground in like with silty or clay soils.

XXX

October 29, 2018, 01:22 PM

So is the Farm available to members?  I'm a IMBA and CORP member, not a clue where the Farm is.

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

October 30, 2018, 11:46 AM

So is the Farm available to members?  I'm a IMBA and CORP member, not a clue where the Farm is.

Generally yes but you need to find someone to show you the trails.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:00 AM by Gary S »

XXX

October 31, 2018, 10:32 AM

Went out Sunday and worked on the Bobsled run. It isn't pretty and I don't know if it is sustainable, but it is ridable, barely. It is slower and much more technical, or easier to walk if you choose.  I am open to suggestions on how to move forward and fix the trail. Please feel free to send me comments.

Last night I went out and checked out me work. I was able to ride just about all the way down without unclipping. Biffed it near the bottom, went back and rerode it, then biffed the ending, went and rerode that. Soooo..... it is ridable ;)

As for the rest of the trail, big tree down on the south loop. Might try to get out and take care of that tonight. Spent a lot of time stopping and picking up smaller trash from all the wind (and snow) last saturday. Th good part was all that stopping kept me from getting tired so I had a good ride. Doing my normal full lap plus the south loop backwards, I was able to make every climb  ;D

With all the leaves falling, following the trail was a bit of a challenge even for me. Taking a poll, should I blow them or leave them like I always have other years?

Hmm, leaves or no leaves? I'm okay with either, it is a fun change of surface on wet or drying leaves that we only get for a short time during the fall. But yesterday riding some freshly blown trails (before the rain) was great, as you can up your pace and really rail the corners.

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

November 01, 2018, 06:16 AM

Chrisnack
    Yes you are welcomed at the Farm. Best to get with someone who has been here before. There is no signage and with the leaf cover right now, navigating can be a bit challenging.

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40