•  

official hours at MBP?

May 21, 2014, 12:40 PM

Greetings,

I was going to sneak in an early few laps at the Middleton Bike Park this morning (early).  Just as I was getting ready to turn into the driveway I smacked my forehead and thought "what if they golf course isn't open this early".

Much to my relief, the golf course was open, but when I got to the pump track, the sign said that the hours are 8am-10pm.

For future reference though- does the pump track keep the same general hours as the golf course, or does it have its own set of hours?

I don't care one way or the other I just wondered if the sign was old or something.  I had this kick-ass plan greeting the new day at the pump track, and then running some errands before I headed back for home.  Turns out, it was just a little too wet to ride anyway (trail conditions were showing as "green" when I left this morning, now I notice that they are less green)

side note:
    Never get tired of getting the stink-eye from the golfers as they drive by (some of them, not all of them).  Makes me feel a little better that they are headed out for a round of golf MINUTES behind the guy in the haz-mat suit, who just sprayed a lung full of toxins on their fairways.

~ Heavily caffeinated, for your protection.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 21, 2014, 01:05 PM

Greetings,

I was going to sneak in an early few laps at the Middleton Bike Park this morning (early).  Just as I was getting ready to turn into the driveway I smacked my forehead and thought "what if they golf course isn't open this early".

Much to my relief, the golf course was open, but when I got to the pump track, the sign said that the hours are 8am-10pm.

For future reference though- does the pump track keep the same general hours as the golf course, or does it have its own set of hours?

I don't care one way or the other I just wondered if the sign was old or something.  I had this kick-ass plan greeting the new day at the pump track, and then running some errands before I headed back for home.  Turns out, it was just a little too wet to ride anyway (trail conditions were showing as "green" when I left this morning, now I notice that they are less green)

side note:
    Never get tired of getting the stink-eye from the golfers as they drive by (some of them, not all of them).  Makes me feel a little better that they are headed out for a round of golf MINUTES behind the guy in the haz-mat suit, who just sprayed a lung full of toxins on their fairways.

IIRC, the hours posted are same as other parks or the skate park. You can always bike in if the gate is closed.

There was a big rider turnout yesterday PM, and the rain came late as far as the open or closed status.

The relationship with the golfers is great overall with some of them coming there to bike too.

XXX

May 21, 2014, 03:48 PM

The hours are a protection against riding while it's dark since there are no lights in the park, especially with the jumps and other features that can be more dangerous.

That said, light hours change so much that pretty much as long as the golf course is open the park is officially open, otherwise it's ride at your own risk (to both you and risk of getting reprimanded for riding).