•  

Grants to Work On

Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 16, 2012, 10:02 AM

Check it:

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cfa/LR/SECTION/rectrails.html

http://www.imba.com/resources/grants

I would be happy to help with this albeit I am not have not done this in the past.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX

March 20, 2012, 10:24 PM

I would be happy to write the wordy portion of the grant, don't really want anything to do with the financial end of it.

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 21, 2012, 07:07 AM

Tim I can help with some of this and per our convo and the Figure8 I have a good friend that all she does is write recreation use.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

March 21, 2012, 09:05 AM

I am happy to write a first draft of these (I have already looked at the grant apps & requirements), but the grant apps require a detailed description of a specific project, as well as a cost breakdown. 

We need to figure out:  1)  what project we want the $ for; 2) timeline on the project; 3) how much we want; 4) how we are going to use it (i.e. renting a ditch witch, hiring IMBA crew, etc.); and 5) ensure that all approvals with DNR and/or DCP are in place and that if for new trail, it is included in the DCP master plan.  Also note that the funding priorities are for trail maintenance first.

They won't just give us $5000 for unspecified "trail maintenance"

We can discuss more at the meeting.   We should add this as an agenda topic

XXX

March 21, 2012, 09:55 AM

That all sounds good, also sounds like you got it under control, that's good and thanks.  If you want a proofread or me to write anything just let me know, I am a writer.  I won't be able to make the meeting but do have a thought that this may be a nice shot to knock out a new trail build like in dawley park.

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

March 21, 2012, 10:02 AM

I won't be able to make the meeting but do have a thought that this may be a nice shot to knock out a new trail build like in dawley park.

+1 on Dawley Park.  I don't know where we are with approvals/trail plan though.

XXX

March 21, 2012, 10:44 AM

If we need a project that is approved and all that good stuff. Pleasantview is in need of an almost total rebuild and about 100 ft of new trail.  That is also "kid friendly" and the first building goal after logistics are fixed is a dedicated beginner area.  Hansi with imba is already I know backs the place as well.  There is a bunch of public trail in the works that will go there too.  With more than the city money and corp backing that place could be a finished product by the end of the summer.

XXX

March 28, 2012, 11:23 PM

hey i think it's all good... i mean the society is basically appreciative towards mountainbiking, so all we have to do is do a better job, and create the most uber trails on earth( at leaast that's my dream scene)

~ It's not the ride, it's the rider.
    Go big or go home.
    Know what you are up against.

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

April 16, 2012, 09:49 AM

FYI:  CORP has applied for two grants from IMBA for improvements at CamRock.

XXX

April 19, 2012, 10:35 PM

FYI:  CORP has applied for two grants from IMBA for improvements at CamRock.

is it likely to be granted?

~ It's not the ride, it's the rider.
    Go big or go home.
    Know what you are up against.

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

April 25, 2012, 10:41 AM

We will know by May 1