•  

CamRock Machine-Build Fundraiser

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 27, 2017, 03:48 PM

CamRock needs some professional help! The trails there have provided years of great riding and miles of smiles, but as the sport grows and ridership increases, some of those trails that volunteers have built by hand over the years are beginning to show their age. So we are excited to announce that CORP is under contract with a professional builder to construct some awesome projects; two new "Mayors Playground" lines with beginner and advanced flow options, and a re-alignment and progressive build of "Rip-n-Ride"!

This means that instead of asking you to come out and help on a workday, we're asking you to contribute to funding this build. CORP has already committed $5000 of the $15500 we need to get it done. We're waiting to hear back on a couple grant applications, and working with the County to secure some funding from them. Your contribution not only gets us closer to the goal, it sends an important message to grant providers and land managers that these trails are valued assets that are appreciated by the public, and can often move them to confirm or increase their contribution.

If you agree that our trails are valuable and worthy of the upkeep they need, make a contribution via PayPal here http://www.madcitydirt.com/camrock or send a check to CORP, PO BOX 44572, MADISON WI 53704, and note that your contribution is toward the 2017 CamRock Project.

Thanks for your help, and we can't wait to see you out there riding this stuff!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:30 AM by Renegade Rick »

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 27, 2017, 04:11 PM

We've raised about $2000 to date, mostly in small contributions.  If everyone who rides at CR gave a little, we would be there in no time!

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 28, 2017, 09:52 PM

We are closing in on $3,000 raised so far! Thanks to everyone who has chipped in. That is huge and a great help!  :)

And If you are thinking "I love those trails but I don't have $250 to give. Please help any way you can. Heck if everyone who rode here chipped in $20 we would have a builder out here working on awesome berms and jumps for months!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 31, 2017, 12:18 PM

We're inches from the bare minimum, we're going forward but need all of you to help us deliver frosting on the cake.

We have the county's permission to proceed. Details such as insurance, permitting and scheduling are happening. We still need your help. What help? Approx $1000 more donated fills the gap between our account and the county's match. If we keep going so can our trail contractor!

If we keep it going so can our trail contractor - the frosting on the cake. Please donate if you've not done so yet.

XXX

August 31, 2017, 12:44 PM

I donated to the PayPal link, but didn't see a way to earmark it for this project. Is there a way to signify where it goes, or are all funds going here for a time period?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 31, 2017, 01:01 PM

For some reason,  some  people are able to make a note on PayPal and others aren't. We'll make sure to look for yours, but I think most of what is coming in is going there.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 31, 2017, 01:46 PM

For some reason,  some  people are able to make a note on PayPal and others aren't. We'll make sure to look for yours, but I think most of what is coming in is going there.

I used the link in the CORP forum "news" message. The general CORP link had a note field just below the dollar amount.

It worked so well and was so easy that I hope many more do the same!

At this moment the gap between what we've raised and the county's match is $500. We have to get there. Now let's imagine going farther. Think of clicking on the PayPal link as a game the moves a mini excavator and people working shovels.

XXX

September 03, 2017, 12:52 PM

I just put in to the fund, but didn't see any way to make sure it gets to this project.  If you want to make sure, my note just said "Great trails, Thanks!"

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

September 13, 2017, 09:04 PM

We've reached our goal!  Thanks to everyone who donated, it will be great to ride these improvements.  Any additional funds that come in will be used to keep Travis going on improvements and fixes, so don't feel like it is too late if you were thinking of making a contribution.

XXX

September 22, 2017, 10:50 AM

We've reached our goal!  Thanks to everyone who donated, it will be great to ride these improvements.  Any additional funds that come in will be used to keep Travis going on improvements and fixes, so don't feel like it is too late if you were thinking of making a contribution.

That's awesome news!   Just out of curiosity, is there a date when this project is set to begin or is it something that is going to happen next year?   I didn't see any details anywhere, if there are any yet.  Thanks.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

September 22, 2017, 12:12 PM

It started yesterday,I believe.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

September 22, 2017, 12:15 PM

Updates here: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159347497045313&id=10150124942460313

Sounds like actually digging will begin in a week or so. I'll try to keep this thread updated as well for those who don't follow FB.

XXX

September 22, 2017, 01:05 PM

There's already a lot of dirt being moved out there, and a ton of flags for future trails. I forgot to take a picture, but it's going to be big and fast from the looks of it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

September 22, 2017, 01:20 PM

I stand corrected.  That's even better news.