•  

trail clean up

farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

March 22, 2015, 11:16 PM

I went out today and walked the north loop with a chainsaw so it is all clear of dead fall, just needs a good leaf blowing now. I then went over to the south loop and cut a few logs that were hanging in the trail. Then I fired up the leaf blower and started on the south loop, probably got about half done on this side. Spent a good 5+ hrs in the woods. Thought about going for a ride but had some errands to run and I was getting tired.

The south loop is in pretty good shape and definitely ridable. Was planning on posting it as "open" in trail conditions but will wait to see what the weather does for now.
     The north loop was still a little soft. One could probably ride it without doing damage , but there would be quite a bit of rolling resistance. A fat tire bike would be a better choice right now.

If I can't get out tomorrow or tuesday nite to finish up the south loop, not sure when I'll get back at it. Having eye surgery on wednesday and will have to take it easy for a week or so.

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

March 24, 2015, 07:45 PM

obviously i didn't get out to finish blowing the south loop  ;D

wonder how many new branches came down with this wet snow?

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

April 02, 2015, 10:12 PM

Got out with the leaf blower for a little while after work. Got as far as the Connector. Just have from there back along the bottom to my house and the south loop is finished.

Haven't been over to the north loop, but i'd guess it would be ridable especially with the leaf cover. Hoping to get out for a ride saturday afternoon. If anyone gets a chance to ride it, please post up and report on conditions.

Because I haven't actually gotten out to ride the trail, I posted it as "Caution" under trail conditions.

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm

April 15, 2015, 10:16 PM

Got out tonight and cut all the down trees that I knew of.  Hoping to get the north loop leaves blown next week.

Planning to go out for a ride tomorrow night. Tires hit the dirt at 6ish if anyone would like to join me.
    Call or text and let me know if you're coming 669-1648