•  

Blue Mound Conditions 1-14-14

Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

January 14, 2015, 06:04 PM

From the pool around to the start of Holy Schist is snow shoe packed after the weekend. Perfect conditions there right now.

Holy Schist has multiple tracks on it and is very much ridable. The steepest climbs are tough still, but doable. Trail is narrower than the snow shoe tracks mentioned above, but still pretty awesome.

Might need to stay off if it gets above freezing in the coming days. It's really good right now though.

XXX

January 15, 2015, 08:39 AM

Brian and I got out last night and did the full loop, not the luge run that we had going last year but, still fun. I can't stay on the narrow trail so it is now wider :). Looks like we have a lot more tires on the trail this year, the extra traffic should allow for the trail to stay in better shape.

The snow is so dry it will be interesting to see how it reacts to above freezing temps. With the current weather reports it looks like Saturday morning and Sunday all day should be good riding. Like Nate mentioned, with the above freezing temps Saturday afternoon we might need to stay of the trail.

I'm sure we will get some foot traffic on it during the warm temps that will create a rough ride for us, it would be nice to get some tires on it after it gets below freezing, before the foot prints set up hard.