•  

Storm Debris Cleanup Effort

Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

July 16, 2015, 08:46 AM

Gary and I got out on the trails Wednesday night. We checked out Over Lode and the short loop on the mound. The storm that tore through the area on Monday did damage at Blue Mound too.

There are tree limbs down everywhere on the trails. We could really use help cleaning up. No tools or special knowledge needed, just people willing to walk the trails instead of riding them, and throw sticks off the trail.

I realize this is a lot to ask with how little the trails have been open this year, but your trusty trail management team has been working long hours to open the new reroute, provide improved stream bed crossings, attend meetings, plan strategy, cut dead fall, and now cut the jungle-like weed growth choking the trails. It all gets done eventually, but extra hands on cleanup duty would free up my time to do the things I can't find help with.

If you do find the time to do cleanup, please post here or message me so we can coordinate the effort.

A big thanks to Ryan and Rich for the time they have put in weed cutting. The end is in sight!

Walt

XXX

July 16, 2015, 01:27 PM

Something came up so I can't make the DNR meeting Tuesday, so the least I could do is help clear some debris. I don't have a definite time set yet, but I should be able to walk some trail Saturday or Sunday late AM.

Thanks for all you do to these trails, it was great to get out on the main loop last week!

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

July 16, 2015, 07:52 PM

Thanks CFM.

Walt

XXX

July 18, 2015, 11:00 AM

I'm on my way out of the trails now - I went through Gneiss and Chert, cleared everything I saw that was on the tread or looked like it could be clipped by a tire or elbow. I was hoping to get through Serpentine, but it got hot pretty quick.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

July 18, 2015, 08:56 PM

Thanks!  Much appreciated.