•  

Tapatalk for smartphones

March 25, 2012, 09:03 PM

If there another app that lets do do the same thing as taptalk does, specifically free ones (iphone)?

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

March 25, 2012, 09:07 PM

perhaps but the our forums are only configured to work with tapatalk

~ i like social d

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

March 26, 2012, 10:38 AM

Isn't Tapatalk only a couple bucks?  ???

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

March 26, 2012, 11:17 AM

Yes, $2.99 I believe.

~ i like social d

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

October 08, 2013, 01:26 PM

Jumping in this thread. I know I've read that other people have had issues with Tapatalk, specifically, a message that the API needs to be updated on the forum. I finally updated to the newest version and got message the first time I ran it.

I can read the forum, but I'm not sure I can post...

XXX
    Gary S
    Administrator

October 08, 2013, 01:27 PM

Jumping in this thread. I know I've read that other people have had issues with Tapatalk, specifically, a message that the API needs to be updated on the forum. I finally updated to the newest version and got message the first time I ran it.

I can read the forum, but I'm not sure I can post...

OK guess I can. Just had trouble uploading an image... I had to do it as an attachment and it worked fine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 08, 2013, 09:03 PM

Same here when I upgraded to iOS 7. Just ignored it and things seem to be working fine.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

October 17, 2013, 12:51 PM

I'm having trouble using Tapatalk with this forum now. Used to work fine. Can someone see about updating the forum Tapatalk plugin?

Thanks!

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

October 18, 2013, 07:59 AM

It is usually something on the smartphone that is the issue. Log out and back in usually solves it.

~ i like social d

XXX
    Gary S
    Administrator

October 18, 2013, 09:30 AM

Some things don't work, like Quick Reply, and if I upload an image and don't select "as attachment".

How much work/time/$ is it to update?

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

October 18, 2013, 06:35 PM

Well our current web guru had his very unpleasant surgery today or yesterday. Let's give him some recovery before we bug him.

~ i like social d

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 04, 2013, 03:12 AM

Well our current web guru had his very unpleasant surgery today or yesterday. Let's give him some recovery before we bug him.

Well I'm back, and I think I have made an attempt to address the issue.
    As a result, I have either fixed it, or broken it completely. :o

Sadly, I think it is the latter.

I installed the latest version and setup a new listing as shown in the attachment below.

When searching for madcitydirt in tapatalk 3 things come up. I can't get either of the first two to open, and the third one with the new icon that I just set up never seems to load.

Is this working for anyone else?

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 04, 2013, 04:10 AM

while Tapatalk seems busted, did you know that there is a mobile version of the site?

http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?wap2;

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 04, 2013, 04:19 AM

sure this mobile version isn't as pretty as tapatalk... but it COULD be.

it's something that i can build out and support, FOR EVERYONE, whereas for tapatalk, if it doesn't do what we want, all I can do is make apologies.

there is only one thing that tapatalk can do, that I can't and that is photo uploads from your iDevices. It's really the fault of Apple and their protected memory space. A web app can't access that space (whereas an iOS app can). Now there are lots of ways to post images from iOS... upload to OUR media gallery, or flicker or dropbox or google drive and then use the URL. sure it isn't as convenient, but it is possible.

so what I want to know is who uploads photos using tapatalk, and who thinks they couldn't realistically use one of the other methods I mentioned. The number of responses will help me decide how much effort I should expend on trying to get tapatalk working instead of developing and improving the mobile version for everyone's benefit.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

November 04, 2013, 07:33 AM

so Tapatalk work somewhat on my iPhone. But it doesn't work at all on the Android. As much as it does work on the iPhone it keeps crashing everytime I try and post something oh what fun! How's it working for you guys today?