•  

Mt Horeb fat bike ride - Thursday 12-29, 6pm. Norske Golf-Bowl, 2755 Golf Bowl R

December 28, 2016, 09:35 AM

Join us for a ride at 6pm this Thursday for the opening of the Norske Fat Bike trail. Peter Walton and Craig Kittleson have groomed a 2.5-mile double track trail through the golf course. This trail will roughly be the course for the Scandihoovian winter festival race. If you get there at a different time the trail runs clockwise and starts south of the club house

If the current weather predictions are correct the trail should be in good condition for a ride Thursday night. If it is warmer than the current prediction we will need to reschedule.

Please set aside time to stop in at the clubhouse to socialize and support the local bar for some food and/or beverage after the ride. They need to know that a groomed trail in Mt Horeb will be good for their business.

Not sure if this relive link will work, this is the route of the trail - except it doesn't start at my house :)

http://open.relive.cc/wf/click?upn=flHSUXb3xyYxeVtIyAnfN16EyPgn9FivLRONL6FDLP-2FftQh2NStH6NkTMYoNvkjPIpObKqY26do-2FO85hZw9h2w-3D-3D_K-2F-2ByTi08-2Bf-2Boc40faDza7iOZANhrgDXbqbIQf4XNk0TZIaTdw19nKVS9jjfqms177D2f-2B7sKhyHxCBjyd7EWF2dc-2BpwRTZyeOet9LcWs8o3RMJAi6pQgN36kVr3-2ByjN0ymUe8MsFMEtXsP3eEeU4zfOR7NXXMM-2FQ-2Bu32p8pr6IfLKBSvK-2FRfHopgovLhzw4DUubbrGcABEvuFgW9k6cVl2HsGWQGu4P6ujdlxsMsPWs-3D

XXX

December 29, 2016, 09:24 AM

Looks like a night for a great ride, we might even have a dusting of fresh snow.

If someone has a fat bike but no lights I have a couple of extra lights

Peter and I will buy the first 4 pizzas for the after ride socializing.

Bring or borrow a fat bike and meet us tonight

XXX

December 30, 2016, 11:50 AM

We had a good sized group last night - thanks for stopping out.

The trail is a groomed double track with some foot traffic damage, but overall in great condition. Hard and fast very little ice with the weather it should be good all weekend. Ride the trail clockwise from the clubhouse start straight down the hill to the south. Do the inner loop first and then finish on the outer loop about 3 miles per complete lap

Stop in for food and beverages at the clubhouse after the ride and let them know why you are there. If you stop in town after also let them know why you came to town.

I haven't been to Blue Mound since the last warm up, but with the tree cover and northern exposure it should be in good hard packed condition with limited ice and you could ride both trails. Again stop locally and let them know you are a biker. We need them to know that snowmobilers and tourists are not the only one's spending money locally.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

December 31, 2016, 02:03 PM

Glad to hear you had a good ride. One thing we seem to have found out is that if you groom it, the hikers will find it. Especially if it is warm and the trail is soft!

~ Chuck Hutchens