•  

Mobile app, how to add profile pic?

September 10, 2015, 11:55 AM

I keep trying to add a profile pic, but it doesn't seem to work. Any help?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

September 10, 2015, 02:59 PM

I keep trying to add a profile pic, but it doesn't seem to work. Any help?

Sent from my sci-fi545 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure it can be done from Tapatalk, but definitely can be done in the mobile friendly web page.

Use the "menu" to access your profile and from there choose "modify profile" and then "forum profile." You can upload an avatar there.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

September 10, 2015, 03:09 PM

It seems you figured it out prior to my post. Have any tips to share?

XXX

September 10, 2015, 03:12 PM

I haven't tried it on the website, I guess the mobile app must have some kind of delay or something before the picture is added.

XXX

September 10, 2015, 03:13 PM

Okay are you on the app or on the website? Because I still don't see a profile picture for myself or anyone else.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

September 10, 2015, 03:19 PM

I'm using the web site which has been recently reworked for mobile friendliness. I don't think there is any use for Tapatalk any more. I'd like to encourage everyone to stop using it.

http://www.madcitydirt.com

Did the site suggest you use Tapatalk? Thought I had removed that prompting...

XXX
    BadMontso
    Seminole Administrator
    Doesn't have to look pretty, just has to work.

September 13, 2015, 08:51 PM

For those uploading a profile pic, SIZE DOES MATTER! If your getting errors reduce the size of the pic your trying to upload.  The pictures you take with your phone are too big for a profile pic.

Mel

~ "All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise something great will come out of it"
               Benjamin Mae, We Bought a Zoo

XXX

September 18, 2015, 10:39 PM

Does it cost $50 to use the website?

XXX

September 18, 2015, 10:40 PM

And yes, it told me to use Tapatalk.

XXX
    BadMontso
    Seminole Administrator

September 19, 2015, 01:28 AM

Does it cost $50 to use the website?

No, there is no membership cost for Madcitydirt.com. the $50 your seeing is for IMBA membership (I assume that is what your looking at), but IMBA membership is not a requirement either.

Melissa

~ "All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise something great will come out of it"

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

September 19, 2015, 06:58 AM

Recently?

And as Melissa stated there is no cost for the website or to ride at many of the trails we support (although some do require a trail pass), and IMBA membership is not required.

However, IMBA membership helps pay for the trail development, maintenance and other expenses. It also helps support MTB advocacy around the world.

We would truly appreciate your support.

XXX
    BadMontso
    Seminole Administrator

September 19, 2015, 08:32 AM

What Rick said.
    The other part of this is volunteering your time. If you have more questions please ask! We have lots of awesome people he answer them!

Recently?

And as Melissa stated there is no cost for the website or to ride at many of the trails we support (although some do require a trail pass), and IMBA membership is not required.

However, IMBA membership helps pay for the trail development, maintenance and other expenses. It also helps support MTB advocacy around the world.

We would truly appreciate your support.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward

September 19, 2015, 09:01 AM

On the memberships....

Yes, it's correct that you don't need to be a contributing member. The IMBA memberships are $18 for individual youth and then $30, $50 on up. There are IMBA benefits in addition to that membership income being a vital part of our trail work.

Membership is required for Blackhawk Ski Club, and it's important for people to know Blackhawk's been a member of our IMBA chapter. That starts at $25 a season and we're truly a matter of feet distance for this area having a pretty amazing downhill flow trail in a 1.6 mile loop any skill level can ride. The next two weekends will have an open house there.

Last and this season have had trail expansion and improvements move around 10x faster than the decade prior, and there's no disguising that money made it happen. This area can be as amazing as any if we keep at that progress. You'll see a big round of machine work to finish Seminole trails this month. Only about 1/2 the new trail is done at Pleasant View. What remains is some of the most amazing terrain in the county.

Even with income we still need lots of volunteer time. The best work done in the presence of a mini excavator has had a lot of serious muscle time too.

Thanks much for considering how important the membership and volunteering aspects are.

XXX
    BadMontso
    Seminole Administrator

September 19, 2015, 07:24 PM

On the memberships....

Yes, it's correct that you don't need to be a contributing member. The IMBA memberships are $18 for individual youth and then $30, $50 on up. There are IMBA benefits in addition to that membership income being a vital part of our trail work.

Membership is required for Blackhawk Ski Club, and it's important for people to know Blackhawk's been a member of our IMBA chapter. That starts at $25 a season and we're truly a matter of feet distance for this area having a pretty amazing downhill flow trail in a 1.6 mile loop any skill level can ride. The next two weekends will have an open house there.

Last and this season have had trail expansion and improvements move around 10x faster than the decade prior, and there's no disguising that money made it happen. This area can be as amazing as any if we keep at that progress. You'll see a big round of machine work to finish Seminole trails this month. Only about 1/2 the new trail is done at Pleasant View. What remains is some of the most amazing terrain in the county.

Even with income we still need lots of volunteer time. The best work done in the presence of a mini excavator has had a lot of serious muscle time too.

Thanks much for considering how important the membership and volunteering aspects are.

Thank you for correcting me. Insomnia make the brain not work so well.